Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• maxmax
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

Trailer lighting board - car doesn’t recognise

It’s a first for me, a new LED lighting board. The lights work, the bulb test works, the tow bar nose weight test works... but the car doesn’t know it has a trailer on it or flash the green light on the dash when indicating or allow trailer camera mode...... suspicion it needs some sort of resistor to pretend there are real bulbs there. I know the mode works from the non-LED cycle rack. Thoughts?

HSE Lux MY17 in Loire Blue with deployable tow bar, activity key and cubby fridge. (And Apple CarPlay and Android Auto)
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Got an led lightboard to replace the normal lights on my old trailer and it works fine everytime. Comes up on the screen trailer attached, and gives the choice of axles.

The indicators on the dash, also show that its attached.

I have a habit of keeping the screen on, to keep an eye on it, plus I find it really handy when pulling back in after an overtake.

Possibly an issue with the light board you have. I have heard of the resistor 'hack' before, so it may well be later led boards have the resistor inbuilt and earlier led boards don't. Mind you my one may not even have a resistor built into it at all. Not touched mine as its all incased in a white plastic watertight board, so I can't say for sure if it has or hasn't.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

I think 2017 models still had issues recognising LED trailer lights, it appears to be fixed from 2018 onwards. You'd need the resistor to simulate a globe in the trailer board wiring.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • chaos_theory
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

I have the same issue with a MY19. Not fixed it yet - will be on the dealer's list after they re-open

Andrew
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum