Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Darras
    United Kingdom 

The Cooler is a hard wire item, I can’t see it needs coding tbh. I certainly know other hard wires like heated steering wheel, although they can be coded, it makes absolutely no difference as again, it’s a hard wire.
  • Mikmillar89
    United Kingdom 

Well mines plugged in and the fuse is in and it still doesn't work. I'm only going of what I've been told.
  • DarkyUK
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

I think a wiring diagram would be useful Smile
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

I’d think it’s just a positive and negative. The cooler will have an inbuilt thermostatic switch. I cant see what use coding would have tbh.

If the feeds are working, I can’t see why the cooler wouldn’t work. Are you sure the male/female multiplugs are function and working? Sometimes LR blank off a multiplug depending on the spec. Or the other end of them isn’t attached.
  • DarkyUK
    United Kingdom 

If this is due to CFF there are CFF editors available now for Pathfinder so it would still be possible....
  • DarkyUK
    United Kingdom 

I want to correct myself, there are CFF Editors available now, not common but I am looking at getting one and if the cooler is in there this can be fixed Smile
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

That is good news about the CFF editors now being available, as hopefully that means that GAP will now manage to get the IID tool working better with the D5
  • DarkyUK
    United Kingdom 

Leo disco wrote:
    Gents
    Don't worry about coding. It won't fit in. See attached pictures. There is no removable box like the D3 and D4.

Did you try your's after removing the original?
  • DarkyUK
    United Kingdom 

Mikmillar89 wrote:
    The cooler definitely fits as I've fitted one. It plugs in fine, then I put the fuse in but still nothing. I've been told by a few people it needs coding in land rover will do it but you need to buy the fridge from them.

Hi Mate,

Was your's a new item or second hand? Just been looking through the CCF and also talking with the guy I got the editor from and it doesn't look like a configurable item in the CCF at least..
  • Mikmillar89
    United Kingdom 

It was purchased second hand, it's now hard wired in to a second battery working perfectly.
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 

Could I just ask... when you wired it in ad normal, what did it do? Did the light come on to show that it was "on" or did that not even work?

I am asking because the fridge in mine doesn't seem to cool, and thr garage say everything is OK, but I am not convinced.
  • Mikmillar89
    United Kingdom 

No light came on or anything. Now if I leave it on a while it gets really cold, but seems to take a while to get there.
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 

Good to know because mine turns on, but it doesnt seem to get cold. LR checked it and said it was working gine, but that there are two models of cooler. One doesnt work very well.

I have not been able to confirm this!!
  • teaman
    United Kingdom 

Spec'd it on my 2019. It has a switch with an LED so you know when it's on. Does take a while to get cold. It is only a Peltier type cooler though, which keeps stuff cold - but doesn't really cool stuff. The air pipes going into the back also help a bit to cool the compartment.

I would say if you are concerned then drop a thermometer in there (ideally with a remote probe) so you can track it's cooling performance. But Peltier coolers are never going to be particular good anyway
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 

Thanks teaman, but some people here say that their coolers work as well as the ones in the d3 or d5.

The one on mine doesnt even seem to keep things in there cool.

I put is 2x 1/2 litre of chocolate milk the other day. After a drive of 5 hours, it was definitely barely cool, whereas when it was put it, it was straight out the fridge

Is this normal with this type of cooler?
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum