Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• rrd65
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Corris Grey

New Landmark Questions

Traded my old D4 HSE Lux for a new Landmark a couple of weeks ago. Totally different experience, certainly feels less robust than the old D4 but early days.

Anyhow, just wanted to ask a couple of questions if I may:

Software version - although only 2 weeks old the software is still on version 19. I see from posts on here that the latest version is 20, I have checked for update but display tells me the latest version is installed. So question is does the latest software vary by vehicle spec? Is it something the dealer needs to do. I would expect to pick a new car up with the latest software but after 5 Land Rovers I probably should know better Smile

Incontrol Remote - all worked great until a week ago and now will no longer connect (I’m in York, app still thinks I’m on holiday in Devon). I have a data only sim with unlimited data that works fine so not sure what the issue is. I’ve logged in and out of the app, deleted and re-installed the app, logged in in the car bu5 nothing works.

Will get in touch with the dealer but just wanted to check the wealth of experience on here so any thoughts appreciated.

Cheers
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

mine is now on the second version of 20B, from memory 2 updates over the spring/summer. if SOTA is activated (should be on a 20 MY car) then keep trying as often takes a few goes before it realizes there is an update.

As for the NAV app, mine spent a year telling me the car was 100 miles away and I couldn't use it, tried deleting reinstalling and still it told me the car was where it had been parked for 3 hours a year before. Suddenly earlier this year it worked again.....typical JLR software, does unpredictable things then soddenly works again, you'll get used the car generally doing things like that over time.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Milky400
    United Kingdom 

Mines three weeks old and even after asking is the software upto date, got home and it to was on 19. And OTA was not enabled, again after asking it be done.

I’m having loads of infotainment issues including remote app not really working.

I just hope this is not a sign of things to come as I struggle for two years with my first velar and eventually rejected it, the second was almost faultless.... it seems changing for the D5 has been a huge backward step.

Hopefully the update will resolve our issues, otherwise it’s going back and I’m off after 20 years of Landrover a.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Prompted by this thread, I thought I would open the app to see what software version the car is on. But the app is disconnected as the car is asleep and hasn’t moved since last Thursday. Except....it has moved, probably every day apart from today. Sigh.

When I’m in it tomorrow, I will try to check what version my July 20 build car is running.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

Someone will probably connect me, but when I bought mine, it wouldnt connect, and I was told to hold one of the roof buttons until it started flashing (or something like that).

After that, it has worked perfectly.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Thanks Nebc. If it doesn’t connect back I will try that. And hope the button doesn’t perform a full reset or something Very Happy

Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

I would advise that you ask the dealer. It was them that told me to do this, and it worked perfectly.

Sadly it was over a year ago, and I cannot remember exactly what I had to do.

I can remember that I had to hold one of the buttons held. I THINK that it was the passenger side buttone on my car, but sincr mine is LHD I dont know if it will be the same in yours.

I had hoped that someone would come on the site that woild have done the same procedure!!
  • rrd65
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Corris Grey

Thanks for the responses all, seems I’m not alone. It is very frustrating for quite an expensive car. One of the reasons for moving up from the D4 was the appeal of the updated tech, now I’m starting to miss the simplicity of it...that’ll teach me.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

nebc100 wrote:
    Someone will probably connect me, but when I bought mine, it wouldnt connect, and I was told to hold one of the roof buttons until it started flashing (or something like that).

After that, it has worked perfectly.

Re-sync Remote app
    1. Log out of and close down (force quit) the app completely on your phone.

2. Take the vehicle for a minimum of a 1 mile drive.

3. Press and hold the left hand "B-Call" button in the overhead console for 15 seconds and light will blink. This is the Land Rover Assist button. NOT the SOS button !

4. Start and load the app once again and log in.

This should reset the InControl Remote App and resynchronise it to your car.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

Thanks Simonh!

• simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

No worries. Hope it helps.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

I checked the app last week. Still not working. Decided I would do the reset this morning. Before I did....
    Opened the app (still logged in) and it has refreshed. First time in weeks/hundreds of miles. Bizarre!

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum