Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• petermik
    Denmark 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Need to re-login to InControl every couple of weeks

I have to re-enter my login password for InControl every couple of weeks. Even if I set the option to store my username (my email) and password, the password gets lost every couple of weeks. It doesn't seem to be related to turning the ignition on and off, because the password obviously survives through many different drives, but only for a couple of weeks.

Do you all also have to login every couple of weeks?

Is this an error or do you think it is by design? I can't find anything in the documentation about this.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

It’s a long standing bug. Some have said that LR state it’s designed to do this. Yet others have never had to log in again, ever.

My D5 never logged out as far as I remember. Maybe a couple of times. My Velar logs out every day. Didn’t use to. But now it does. Even with the latest software.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

I don't even bother as I use Android Auto exclusively.
  • Whippetman
    England 

Re: Need to re-login to InControl every couple of weeks

petermik wrote:
    I have to re-enter my login password for InControl every couple of weeks. Even if I set the option to store my username (my email) and password, the password gets lost every couple of weeks. It doesn't seem to be related to turning the ignition on and off, because the password obviously survives through many different drives, but only for a couple of weeks.

Do you all also have to login every couple of weeks?

Is this an error or do you think it is by design? I can't find anything in the documentation about this.

Complete waste of time so I just use the iPhone.

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • Chopsy
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I too have to log in every other week. Just used to it. Think all works fine without logging in, but won't sync with route planner app.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum