Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Charlie
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Aintree Green

InControl Touch Pro 20c

Dear all,
    Has anyone updated their software to the recent release
    29/10/2020 version 20c was released. Unless I am mistaken!
    I have quit both times after 20 mins +. Is this usual?
    I have 19B and updated the maps which was a cinch, but when you start the software update you get stuck with the timing logo,
    Is it even worth updating?
    Cheers C
  • Leo disco
    United Kingdom 

Yes I am running 20C. The dealer had to push it to the car then it downloaded and installed OK.
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Updated to 20c last week. No issues installing and non of the slow start up issues mentioned by others.

Spookily working as before. Shocked

Do you have strong WIFi connection throughout download? I left engine running throughout.
  • Charlie
    United Kingdom 

The WiFi strength isn’t great, However I did create a hotspot through the phone and had vehicle running, still to no avail. Lost patience after 20 mins.
    How long did your download take ?
    I guess i will just have to get a SIM to improve connectivity.......
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

I downloaded the original 20C ages ago then the updated 20C a month or so ago. Both downloaded on the car 3G without issue whilst on a drive (for some reason never seems to work on house wifi)

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 

Charlie wrote:
    The WiFi strength isn’t great, However I did create a hotspot through the phone and had vehicle running, still to no avail. Lost patience after 20 mins.

There’s no doubt it’s taken some time (maybe 20mins?) to download on each upgrade. But this time I took the opportunity to start up the car remotely for 30mins to deice and warm her up. When I got in the car there was a message to say the software had downloaded and I needed to switch ignition OFF for it to install the download.
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 

mordred1973 wrote:
    I downloaded the original 20C ages ago then the updated 20C a month or so ago. Both downloaded on the car 3G without issue whilst on a drive (for some reason never seems to work on house wifi)

That’s interesting, mine is the reverse.
    Silly question....is there a way to establish how much sim data is still available? I wonder if it’s used up?
  • Charlie
    United Kingdom 

Wolfpack wrote:
    Charlie wrote:

There’s no doubt it’s taken some time (maybe 20mins?) to download on each upgrade. But this time I took the opportunity to start up the car remotely for 30mins to deice and warm her up. When I got in the car there was a message to say the software had downloaded and I needed to switch ignition OFF for it to install the download.

Ha, goes from bad to worse. I managed to jam the micro SIM in the slot.
    When retrieving, I broke the plastic outer cradle (whatever you call the part the nano SIM fits into) part of which remains inside the SIM slot. I relented and purchased a Pay as you Go 8gig SIM from Tesco which now doesn't fit because of the broken piece.
    I guess I will leave software as is at present, whilst I reconsider next steps.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Try to get it replaced under warranty, this is a known issue with them being very flimsy

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum