Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• STOAT
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Scotia Grey

Very slow infotainment boot.

Recently upgraded to latest OTA software S20c.

Now if the vehicle has gone to sleep if left unused for a few days the screen remains blank for up to 10 minutes including no reverse camera function. After 10 minutes system starts normally.

Subsequent engine starts produce normal boot up until vehicle left for a few days.

I can only assume it may be a new power saving solution. Never experienced before latest upgrade and is a bit of a pain losing reversing camera at startup.

Anyone else having a similar problem?

2017 D5 HSE Grey
  • NRich
    United Kingdom 

I have a grey screen on reversing camera usually first start up.
  • STOAT
    United Kingdom 

NRich - sounds similar to my issue.

How long does your infotainment screen typically take to boot up after blank screen?

Incidentally I have seen reports of some Jaguar cars having problems with blank screens which was thought to be software related.

2017 D5 HSE Grey
  • NRich
    United Kingdom 

It tends to clear after I start driving forward if I then reverse again it works ok.
  • STOAT
    United Kingdom 

Sounds a lot better than my situation.

Currently taking 4-5 minutes to boot from a completely blank screen if car is used on a daily basis.

Others are not jumping in so it seems I may be an "early adopter" of a another (potential) Disco5 issue. Rolling Eyes

2017 D5 HSE Grey
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

Mine has never been the fastest. Generally get the grey screen and small reversing camera when leaving home for first time each day and by about 300-400m down the road the home screen becomes available. Told by dealer that is normal. Means can't change volume, or enter a NAV destination until some way down the road, a bit useless.

I have half solved it in winter, because mine has FBH, if I use that to heat the car it obviously boots up the computers prior to starting the car so then it works normally.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Duckers
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

Hi
    Just updated (yesterday) to the latest 20c version, no problems with start up Smile
    Not sure what the upgrade is for anyone any info?
    K
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

had 20c for a couple months, perhaps more. not noticed anything different about it, there was a lit of what it updated about online but nothing really that affects human interaction lol

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • STOAT
    United Kingdom 

I should have said I had S20c for a month before the start-up lag began out of the blue.

It wasn't a problem initially.

2017 D5 HSE Grey
  • Duckers
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

Hi
    I should clarify I too updated to the S20c about amonth ago I was referring to a n 8Mb update to the S20c which I was notified of last Monday, still no problems
    K
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

STOAT wrote:
    Sounds a lot better than my situation.

Currently taking 4-5 minutes to boot from a completely blank screen if car is used on a daily basis.

Others are not jumping in so it seems I may be an "early adopter" of a another (potential) Disco5 issue. Rolling Eyes

Mine occasionally takes ~2-3min to fully boot, I'd say every cold start in the morning or after it's been sitting a while it will take a minute or so, but occasionally takes longer. 20C as well. I kind of feel like 20B was a little faster....

I will say the occasional total failure of the screen to turn on that occurred with 18 and 19 versions hasn't happened on any 20 version I've had that I can recall, so in that respect it's gotten better.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum