Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• nigels888
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

car refusing to start with App

this last week I have tried to start the vehicle using the incontrol app on the phone. first thing on a morning it refuses to start and states there is an error. yet if you manually start the car and then use the incontrol app then it works. anybody else had this
  • B50int
    United Kingdom 

I see that error if I forgot to lock the car the night before.... It has to be fully locked, and alarmed for remote start to work.

I do occasionally get similar errors when the car is locked but usually when the car has been left a few days and must be sleeping. You can set a wake up time to bring the car out of deep sleep mode so it will respond.

Interestingly, I have just looked on the updated app and it actually tells me the car is asleep and I have to manual start to wake it up. I am sure that’s new.

Jon
  • nigels888
    United Kingdom 

ok thats interesting. all times the car has been locked. how do you set a wake up time
  • B50int
    United Kingdom 

Can’t see the wake up timer myself in V2 of the app but it’s still there in V1.

Jon
  • Qwertyd5x
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

I’m on my 2nd D5, the first had the diesel dilution issue, but at least the remote start app worked perfect. It is very unreliable with my 2nd car, usually takes a few tries, but often just won’t start.
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

B50int wrote:
    I see that error if I forgot to lock the car the night before.... It has to be fully locked, and alarmed for remote start to work.

I do occasionally get similar errors when the car is locked but usually when the car has been left a few days and must be sleeping. You can set a wake up time to bring the car out of deep sleep mode so it will respond.

Interestingly, I have just looked on the updated app and it actually tells me the car is asleep and I have to manual start to wake it up. I am sure that’s new.

Jon

Today my D5 wouldn’t start from the remote app. It returned the same message .
    I haven’t seen that before and did wonder if the vehicle battery was low, having stood for a week unused. But I was still able to open the tailgate with the remote ....normally that is the first operation that stops when the battery is getting low.

I had a good run out in the car today such that the battery will be fully charged. I will have another try tomorrow and see what happens.
  • nigels888
    United Kingdom 

for some reason mine will not wake up via the app. if you unlock and then lock the car with the key fob then you can start it
  • simonej

My remote climate hasn’t worked since they updated the software because CarPlay kept freezing.

I’m rapidly losing patience with Land Rovers....
  • B McP
    Scotland 
    2020 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

I tried the remote start yesterday and got a message advising that the car had gone into low power mode due to inactivity and that I had to start the car manually to restart the remote service - which I did and it worked fine after that. The car was inactive for seven days so I guess it goes into a battery saving mode sometime within seven days.
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

The time is 96 hours after last shutdown:

Vehicle Wake Up
    The InControl Remote system enters a low power mode, 96 hours after the last engine stop. The low power mode action conserves vehicle battery life.

When the vehicle is parked for an extended period, e.g., when on vacation, or on a business trip, the owner can use the Vehicle Wake Up feature on the app. The feature wakes up the InControl Remote system on the selected date. Any date within a 30 day period can be chosen. Once Vehicle Wake Up is set, the InControl Remote system enters the low power mode after 60 hours. Battery power is then reserved for the wake up.
  • nigels888
    United Kingdom 

where is the wake up feature on the app because I can't find it. and mine goes to sleep within 15 hours
  • DieselRanger
    United States 

If you have the new app, it's in More --> Vehicle Settings --> Wake Up Timer

Your battery may be low - recommend giving it a long run or hooking up a battery conditioner if you have one.
  • nigels888
    United Kingdom 

thanks for that. when its parked up on a friday it has just completed 192 miles. Minimum journey it does is 30 miles and about a total of 1000 miles a week
  • DieselRanger
    United States 

The information I pasted is for my MY 2017 - they may have changed the "sleep timer" for newer model years. Check your iGuide....

Otherwise, I would recommend at least testing your battery after it sits overnight. There have been a few cases of incorrectly installed/wired Earth terminals that cause battery drain....
  • nigels888
    United Kingdom 

thanks a lot I downloaded the new app and found the wake up timer so will try that in morning and then check battery at weekend
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum