Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• nigels888
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

all now sorted the new app works without waking up the car so must be the old app playing up
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

I believe the old app was deprecated late last year sometime...they didn't tell anyone, the only way I knew about it was through LR's focus group asking about the experience, and telling members the old app would stop working.

Clearly they didn't get the word out.
  • nigels888
    United Kingdom 

the old app still works but you have to wake the car up. personally I dont like the new app as for instance it doesnt tell you the range left on the adblue which the one does unless I just cant find it
  • pdes
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

Re: car refusing to start with App

nigels888 wrote:
    this last week I have tried to start the vehicle using the incontrol app on the phone. first thing on a morning it refuses to start and states there is an error. yet if you manually start the car and then use the incontrol app then it works. anybody else had this

I have a similar issue where the app returns a message stating that my vehicle is not secure and that I need to check the security. Its double locked on my drive! I have reinstalled the app but nothing changes. The app is version 2.3.0.

Any ideas?

D5 HSE SDi6, 2019, Santorini Black, privacy glass, HUD, loads of gizmos!! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
    Series 1, 1953, 86"
  • nigels888
    United Kingdom 

believe it or not if you go on the play store the app on there that works is actually version 1.81
    in play store search for landrover remote first one that comes up should be landrover in control app. not landrover remote. that one solved my problems. I actually have both apps on my phone and both work slightly differently. trust this helps
  • winmar
    Germany 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

nigels888 wrote:
    the old app still works but you have to wake the car up. personally I dont like the new app as for instance it doesnt tell you the range left on the adblue which the one does unless I just cant find it

The range for adblue/def is located under Status, at the bottom of the Home Window in the new app (running version 2.5.2).

Remote climate (pre-heating) works fine on both apps, do not have the option to start the car from remote though.

D5 HSE - Delivered! Smile & D3 HSE 60 Years Edition - preparing full tlc and MOT pass
    D2 Highlander - Gone but not forgotten
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Remote start was part of the climate control in the old app. Still works the same in the new app, there's a message on the climate screen "Engine will start to power climate". Which it does, I just checked.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

winmar wrote:

The range for adblue/def is located under Status, at the bottom of the Home Window in the new app (running version 2.5.2).

Do any North American users have these features? I only have remote lock/unlock, fuel level, start/climate, wake-up timer, journeys, and whether there are any status messages such as service requests. I don't get AdBlue or wiper fluid levels, or DPF state.
  • Rebel17
    United States 
    2019 Discovery Si6 HSE Loire Blue

DieselRanger, I’m also in the US, and I don’t have those features.
  • D5Dodge
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) SE Farallon Black

I have V1.81, the wake up timer is in the settings (turned off), not that I've ever used it anyway but now I know it's there if I do want to use the remote start..
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum