Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Looks a good spec. I got some quotes from Carwow yesterday and they were saying delivery time 8 to 10 weeks. Maybe Land Rover have ramped up production.

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

Weekly update form my dealer arrived this morning.

My spec choices are now locked, and there are no changes in build/delivery dates:

Build: 26th Feb
    Delivery: 19th March

Smile

2021 D300 R-Dynamic HSE - Carpathian Grey.
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

Nothing major to report in my weekly update from the dealer today.

Build and delivery dates are unchanged on the system (he sends me screenshots). So this coming Friday it goes into build and at the start of March they will be able to offer me a number plate to choose from. Delivery is expected 19th March.

He's not been given any MY22 info as of yet, so in my head my order stays in tact, but I'll update the other thread if/when I get any info.

• Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

Update from dealer this morning. The car was 'built complete' 5 days later than scheduled, and the delivery date to the dealers has now slipped to the 23rd, and it's not yet reached the ship.

TBH, he's none the wiser on what might happen, but he says if things don't change then best case scenario is picking up the end of the month at the very earliest.

The wait is starting to get to me, and at the same time making me less excited about it, particularly as there's zero internet review content out there to pass the time.

Sad

• Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Wow, they know whether or not it’s on the ship. That’s a quantum leap forward in tracking accuracy from 2019 when I was told my first D5 was “definitely in the country, but we are not sure where”.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Windy Miller, I know it’s the original model but have you watched Autogefuhl’s YouTube reviews? A couple of 40 minute long ones.

The off road one with their usual presenter (Thomas) is less irritating than the on road one with a presenter that they now seem to have ditched. He clearly hates large SUVs with a passion, so an unbiased review it most certainly is not.

When I run out of videos on my own car, i
    usually entertain myself with Doug DeMuro and his eclectic cars old and new. Generally enjoy watching any of the big SUVs over the pond that we are not allowed here, and the likes of the F150/F250/F350 to remind me just what a dainty and weak little thing the Disco is.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

Equilibrium wrote:
    Wow, they know whether or not it’s on the ship. That’s a quantum leap forward in tracking accuracy from 2019 when I was told my first D5 was “definitely in the country, but we are not sure where”.

Haha, it's mad isn't it. Buy a VW, Hyundai, Audi, Kia, Ford etc and you can view the status on an app in real-time. Buy a premium JLR product and you have to rely on a system which only the dealer can access, and is normally not up to date or accurate! Laughing

• Jayd5
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Dealer told me last week my car is scheduled to be with them on 22nd March, will wait and see how accurate this is. My current car went ‘missing, for 2 weeks with dealer saying it will definitely be here by end of March, I ended up taking delivery 7th April. So that’s their target for this one, to get me in my new one before the MOT is due.

2021 D5 Dynamic HSE on order to replace my ‘ageing’ 2018 D5 HSE
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

Another weekly update from the dealer, another slippage. Still no sign of it hitting the status "On Ship" yet, even though it finished build on the 2nd, and another 3 days added to "At retailer"...

Neutral

• Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

Call from my dealer - it arrived in the country yesterday afternoon!

All being well, the car should arrive at the dealer some point early/mid next week, so pick-up has been pencilled in for 27th! He's also said he's going to get it available for me to visit on my own so I can check it over before pick-up day. Very Happy

Last edited by Windy Miller on 18th Mar 2021 4:16 pm. Edited 1 time in total

• 33Lurcher
    United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up

2021 D250 S Eiger Grey HSW Privacy Hi/Low Ratio
  • Jayd5
    United Kingdom 

Windy Miller wrote:
    Call from my dealer - it arrived in the country yesterday afternoon!

All being well, the car should arrive at the dealer some point early/mid next week, so pick-up has been pencilled in for 27th! He's also said he's going to get it available for me to visit on my own so I can check it over before pick-up day. Very Happy

Hopefully mine was on the same boat, the dealer said earlier in the week they expect in the country this week.

• mwsedgwick

Just had the call from the dealer to say collection arranged for next week.

Car due to arrive at dealers tomorrow.
  • Farmerben
    United Kingdom 

Out of curiosity, when did you order yours? I only ordered in Feb and it’s built and on its way here. Thought lead times were much longer than that.
  • Jayd5
    United Kingdom 

Still waiting for mine to arrive in the country, dealer said Friday it is built but waiting to be shipped. They say it will arrive latest 2nd April but are trying for the end of the Month.
    How long did any of you wait once it was confirmed as built?

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum