Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Charente Grey looks darker grey than Silicon Silver, which I have. Silicon Silver has a slight "champagne" color in the right light.

It should be quite nice.
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

Here's a 'fun' one I discovered yesterday, applicable to those speccing the "Advanced Off-Road Capability Pack" on the HSE R-Dynamic...

Fancy the £625 gloss Black 22" 5124 wheels as well as the "Advanced Off-Road Capability Pack"? Well... even though they are 100% identical wheels to the standard 22" 22" 5124 wheels, just painted black, speccing them pushes the Co2 emissions up from 225g/km to 226g/km which is the next VED bracket. So first VED goes up from £1,305.00 up to £1,850.00.

All for the weight of the paint on the wheels! Laughing

Last edited by Windy Miller on 28th Dec 2020 11:53 am. Edited 1 time in total
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

This morning I swapped out the shadow aluminium dash/door finishers for the gloss black. Should tie in nicely with the gloss black external accents.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Gloss black sounds like the right interior choice - spec coming along nicely! That’s very funny with the black wheels pushing it into another tax bracket. Definitely one for buyers to do post-purchase!

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Windy Miller wrote:
    This morning I swapped out the shadow aluminium dash/door finishers for the gloss black. Should tie in nicely with the gloss black external accents.

Gloss black looks nice from a distance but it scratches easily, shows spots, and doesn't age well IMO. If you have a few extra bucks it might be worth aftermarket clear wraps on any interior gloss black trim that is going to be in contact with travel mugs, rings, keys, furry friend paws, sharp looks, etc.

It's a struggle to keep mine clean, and after 3 years there are swirls from cleaning offroad dust and dirt from the cabin, even with a microfiber cloth.
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

Update form the dealer. My build date and delivery date have dramatically slipped by about month! He says the gap between spec confirm and build is unusually long, but even if you take a couple of weeks out of that he thinks it probably won't arrive until the end of March. Sad

• BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Perhaps Land Rover have had more orders than expected. I was hoping to purchase in the second half of the year, but on this basis I might need to get my order in around February.

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

Or slow ramp up of 21My due to problems or higher call rate on Defender.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

BigCol66 wrote:
    Perhaps Land Rover have had more orders than expected. I was hoping to purchase in the second half of the year, but on this basis I might need to get my order in around February.

Yeah, watch the ordering time Col.

I have some form here..

Feb 2019 put ink on an order for a Loire Blue D5. Two weeks or so later a call from the dealer to say that colour was withdrawn, as was the backup choice Corris. Took us a further few days to settle on Carpathian. By which time we were far enough down the queue for the late April MY 2019 delivery to slip past the factory shutdown and become a MY2020 July build. Built around the start of July and in my hands early August 2019.

Then the replacement....ordered in Feb20 and again finally delivered at the end of July 2020. Covid closedown impacted that one, but the full closedown was only a few weeks so the timeline is still reasonably long.

Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

So it looks like LR have updated all their g/km CO2 ratings/bands overnight!

The base HSE R-Dynamic has gone down 1g/km, so starts at 223 rather than 224.

Then adding the black 22's and/or AORCP makes no difference at all. Confused

Waiting for my dealer to confirm. Rolling Eyes

EDITED to add - LR have also revised GFV's for the PCP's, the disco I have on order has been upped by £500 at the end of the term.

2021 D300 R-Dynamic HSE - Carpathian Grey.
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

Update form my dealer re Co2:

Quote:

Just a quick update from my last correspondence.

Land Rover UK are investigating the configurator and the Co2 emissions movement. I have no exacting answer right now.

As ever as soon as I have a specific answer I will let you know.

... so in effect, no update as of yet. Mr. Green

• Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 

I love Land Rover. Even the website sets your ownership expectations from the very beginning...”we’re not sure what it means, we’re not sure it’s right, but just bear with us and everything will be fine...probably”

• Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

Lots of great news just in from from my dealer! Very Happy

1. JLR have confirmed to him that the previous Co2 emission levels on the configurator were an error and my car has a flat 224g/km rating. Adding the AORCP and/or Black wheels doesn't change the emissions.

2. My order has been brought forward a few weeks, so will now be at the dealer 19th of March. He said it's going to be one of the first 'non-fleet' customer cars.

So I've added black wheels to my order...

Click image to enlarge

It's all starting to get very exciting! Cool Thumbs Up

• BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

I am excited for you. I wonder why LR have brought your build date forward?

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

I'm not sure Col, no indication was given, it came as a surprise to my salesman who just noticed it on the system when he was adding the black wheels. The confirmation of the Co2 had to go all the way to the top and took over a week for a concrete answer, so I'm not sure I'd get an answer on something as unprecise as the moving build date. Laughing

Final spec so far is looking as follows:

Carpathian Grey
    22" Gloss Black Wheels
    Body-coloured roof
    Fixed front and rear panoramic roofs
    Black roof rails
    Privacy glass

Ebony Windsor leather
    Ebony Morzine headlining
    Gloss Black trim finisher
    Heated steering wheel

Advanced Off-Road Capability Pack
    Heated washer jets
    Wireless device charging with phone signal booster

A week until my spec locks, but I think I'm pretty happy with where I am... Mr. Green Whistle

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum