Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• adds58
    United Kingdom 

Quote:
    Am I the only one who thinks the 2-tone seats are utterly naff?!?

I agree. I'm not adverse to two tone in principle but the ivory colour just doesn't look great. Plus if you have 3 children like me they are going to get ruined within minutes!
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

adds58 - sounds like were' on the same page with the kids, I have 2x 7 year olds, a 5 year old, and a 4 year old. There is no way I was going Ivory interior! When lockdown was lifted last year we went to test drive the MX and me and my other half both wanted the white leather. The test car we looked at had it, but after just 5-10 mins of the kids clambering in/out/around it, the white was scuffed and dirty, so I could vision what the ivory would have looked like in the Disco if I'd have specced that. Laughing

2021 D300 R-Dynamic HSE - Carpathian Grey.
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

Looks like they're going to start coming thick and fast. Another one just appeared:

D300 SE in Elgar on Dimond Cut 22's

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ad...1298477404

Interestingly there's been no HSE's as of yet though, on SE's.

• John C
    United Kingdom 

Maybe I'm too used to my interior (with black gloss/brushed aluminium) but that matt centre console, with the gloss HVAC controls surround, the chrome centre console surrounds and the chrome wheel just doesn't sit right to me...

2024 Defender 130 Outbound Dynamic HSE, Carpathian Grey
    2020 SDV6 D5 HSE, Carpathian Grey, 2005 TDV6 D3, Cairns Blue 290K miler.
  • Littletamcrof
    Scotland 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

HSE

Anybody else wondering why it appears that only SE versions appearing?

Going to dealership early next week to select replacement for faulty RRS and was hoping that Disco could be on the cards but looking unlikely without a long wait I think šŸ˜Ÿ

2021 RRS P400E HSE Silver. 2020 3.0 SDV6 HSE - Santorini Black, 21ā€, Roof Rails, Adaptive Dynamics. (2018 3.0TD6 HSE Indus Silver).( 2016 3.0 SDV6 Landmark - Yulong White). (2012 3.0TDV6 HSE - Stornoway Grey) (2000 Freelander S 3 Door - blue)
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

2 more SE R-Dynamics today, both with the two-tone interior...

Byron Blue SE D250 on Gloss Black 21's:
    https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ad...1298471572

Lantau Bronze D300 on 22" Diamond Turned:
    https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ad...2018561532

• adds58
    United Kingdom 

Personally, I'm not keen on either of those colours.

I hope an HSE shows up soon that we can look at!
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the SE and HSE are the same externally if the SE is sat on 22's? The only difference is the Matrix lights, which on paper should be different, but the configurator shows them being the same, so it will be interesting to see those.

It's nice to see the 'rails' on the Byron blue one above, it gives me an idea about what the profile of mine will look like.

• BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

i wonder if anyone has taken a MY21 D5 with the new diesel engine for a test drive yet? I would like to know what they think of the new engine.

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • eelpout
    United States 

BigCol66 wrote:
    i wonder if anyone has taken a MY21 D5 with the new diesel engine for a test drive yet? I would like to know what they think of the new engine.

Heh, diesels are a sore sport over here in the US as we can't get one on the D5 this year. Crying or Very sad
  • Hauser
    Germany 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Yeah that sux, I am a Diesel-head. Petrol engines don't excite me.

Discovery 5 (MY 2021): HSE, D300, Fuji White
    Discovery Sport (MY 2016): HSE, TD4, Firenze Red w. black roof
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

adds58 wrote:
    I hope an HSE shows up soon that we can look at!

HSE D300 R-Dynamic in Charente Grey, added this morning. No pictures as of yet though...

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ad...2018576902

I'm going to be keeping an eye on the link.

• Ecosse
    United Kingdom 

4 HSE's already showing on Autotrader from LR dealers, 2 of the adverts are showing a 7%+ discount, and online brokers are offering about 9%.
    It is only a facelift model, so with the pressures on diesels & SUV's, and the overall state of he economy, I'll not be surprised to see some attractive deals ahead along the lines of those available last year Very Happy , but that also may mean depreciation ...
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

Residuals IMO will be based on supply & demand, not necessarily the diesel scaremongering in the press. There will still be a market for Diesel, albeit a smaller one as people readjust their need towards petrol to suit 'urban' driving, but ultimately if you are doing long distance/journeys then the Disco Diesel is the one to get. This is reflected in the current GFV's being quoted (D300 is Ā£2k stronger than the P360). In my case I've bene quoted Ā£30k GFV after 4 years, so around 47% of the post-discount value.

Discounts of circa 7-10% are pretty standard, but the big thing here is the availability. Brexit, COVID, Economy, all mean there are actually very few cars available, and waiting times on orders are pretty long. This in essence suggest JLR just aren't making them. So in a few years time, there will be less in market, so prices will be stronger for a good well specced MHEV Disco. I'm going through a similar process now with my 2019 MK7.5 Golf GTI that will be sold. MK8 GTI availability is tough (apart from pre specced base cars), and the wait for a new one is long(3-6months). So people have turned to the used market and good/well specced 7.5's are being snapped up, this in turn has driven prices up by c5-10%.

I'll caveat here by saying I don't think I'm 100% right, nobody has a crystal ball, but that's my approach/rationalle. Having said that I could be sat here in 4 years time with an asset worth Ā£15k, but that'll be Land Rover's problem, not mine, because I'll just hand it back to them and they can deal with the neg equity, just like I did with my RRS.. Laughing

• Jayd5
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Before ordering my 2021 D5, I did a check on carwow, the discounts being offered were between 6% and 9.5%.

I didnā€™t use carwow but got the discount I wanted through my local dealer that I have used for years.
    I think this has more to do with the fact the UK car market is flat and sales are at an all time low, than any issue with people wanting dieselā€™s.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum