Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Looks like they've got rid of the piano black on all the center console surfaces where things like coffee mugs, phones, rings, and keys are likely to scratch it. That's my biggest (only, really) complaint about my 2017.

I do like the new display! I hope Pivi Pro turns out better than InControl Touch Pro is, though the improvements they've made over the last couple years have vastly improved ICTP's reliability. Responsiveness, not so much, however....
  • John C
    United Kingdom 

Kids' (6-8 yrs) toothpaste is your friend on the piano black Cool

2024 Defender 130 Outbound Dynamic HSE, Carpathian Grey
    2020 SDV6 D5 HSE, Carpathian Grey, 2005 TDV6 D3, Cairns Blue 290K miler.
  • BSE Disco
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 SE Loire Blue

Steering wheel looks horrible, to the point of being a deal-breaker. Maybe it’s better in real life than photos.
  • adds58
    United Kingdom 

Was browsing autotrader last night and noticed that a dealer in Glasgow has a MY21 for sale with a good spec and pictures:

https://www.taggarts.co.uk/land-rover/new-.../id/321100

I'm actually quite liking the black on black look. Its making me rethink my intended colour choices.
  • Hauser
    Germany 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Black is a crazy color.
    Looks dirty and scratched / swirled all the time. Would never buy a black car.

Greets,
    Hauser

Discovery 5 (MY 2021): HSE, D300, Fuji White
    Discovery Sport (MY 2016): HSE, TD4, Firenze Red w. black roof
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Strangely, although I know what you are on about, I’ve got black on black and it’s never swirled and actually looks better than most cars out of the showroom when washed. I suspect the dealership treated it with that paint protector by mistake or presumption I’d order it and then when I didn’t, were persistent about me having it, which I didn’t.

Anyway, I like the new model, but don’t like the price. I can think of better things to waste money on.

Out of interest, let’s say I traded in my 2 year old D5 with well under 20k miles, immaculate, I’d get mid £30’s, if I was lucky, then this one is £66.7k, so I’ve got to hand over close to £32k and remember we are in the middle of a pandemic recession. I might be stupid at times, but I haven’t totally lost the plot.

Last edited by Darras on 28th Jan 2021 11:00 am. Edited 1 time in total
  • Hauser
    Germany 

MY21 is actually cheaper compared to the previous ones... Smile
    That is IF you like to spec some sexy options. If you were going for "pure" it is not, bc. it got already a lot of options per default.

• Darras
    United Kingdom 

Yeah, might be, I don’t keep abreast of prices tbh, but the level of discount is crap.
  • Hauser
    Germany 

You are talking about dealer-discount?
    Dealers are getting 15% off of their sales. That's not huge.

I got very lucky and did manage to get 15% J/LR discount (very rare) + 12% dealer discount (rare) = 27%. That made me a very happy customer. Smile

Greets,
    Hauser

Last edited by Hauser on 28th Jan 2021 11:26 am. Edited 1 time in total

• Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

adds58 wrote:
    Was browsing autotrader last night and noticed that a dealer in Glasgow has a MY21 for sale with a good spec and pictures:

https://www.taggarts.co.uk/land-rover/new-.../id/321100

I'm actually quite liking the black on black look. Its making me rethink my intended colour choices.

Thanks for the link, I'm glad I've gone for the black wheels now. The new 22" design is not as good as the old 22" and the black does a good job of hiding it.

Darras wrote:
    Yeah, might be, I don’t keep abreast of prices tbh, but the level of discount is crap.

I got £7600 total off my order (£72k car), which I don't think is too bad tbh.

2021 D300 R-Dynamic HSE - Carpathian Grey.
  • Littletamcrof
    Scotland 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

RRS V DISCO

Long story short - 2020MY Disco HSE bought July, drivetrain fault within days and, with LR support changed for 2021 MY RRS HSE Silver P400E end of December.

14 January - engine management light on and O2 Sensor fault detected and replaced. Same day as repair and after only 25 miles the same light came back on. Collected by dealer and cannot be sure that permanent repair so replacing again with dealer and LR support.

Now anyone sensible would probably change brand but I just love the cars - faults aside!

Discovery was Santorini Black with Black wheels and roof bars and looked absolutely stunning when clean. Unfortunately, if you want it to stay looking that good you have to near wash it after every trip, and with great care!

Hoping I can go back to Discovery - if they can source a 2021 MY R Dynamic HSE in the next couple of weeks ( but not black!). The RRS PHEV was great for the 400 miles I had it - all short journeys on electric power....but it just isn’t as good as the Disco! 🙄😏

2021 RRS P400E HSE Silver. 2020 3.0 SDV6 HSE - Santorini Black, 21”, Roof Rails, Adaptive Dynamics. (2018 3.0TD6 HSE Indus Silver).( 2016 3.0 SDV6 Landmark - Yulong White). (2012 3.0TDV6 HSE - Stornoway Grey) (2000 Freelander S 3 Door - blue)
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Slap a ceramic coating on it like I did from new. Cars got no swirl marks and far easier to clean. Best to use the 2/3 bucket method and use microfibres instead of harsh sponges. I also think that as car paint is now water based, rather than oil based, it's softer so to speak, and that's why the swirls are more noticeable and cars are easier to scratch.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

Another SE appeared on AT:

This time in Elgar with the diamond cut 22's, and 2-tone interior: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ad...odal=video

On the plus side, the cars which are appearing are making me feel so so much better about my spec choice(s). It's so hard to visualise on the configurator and I'll admit to having had some sleepless nights about my choices versus others available.

• Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

Black D250 SE on Black 21's and 2-tone interior.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ad...1288429034

Am I the only one who thinks the 2-tone seats are utterly naff?!?

• mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

The top of the doors are going to get filthy...thought was bad enough the rain water marks on the 2017 black door rolls, but the fingers using window switches will be far worse.

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum