Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• 2B
    Netherlands 

Is it maybe they expect a massive price-hike ? The D5 is build offshore the UK,
    and likely to fall under import duty.. ..its all very new..

RR P400e hybrid Autobiography 2019 & MX-30 BEV
    D5 SD4 HSE 2018 Corris grey, Black roof/balckpack (SOLD), F-Type P300 Ultra Blue 2018 (SOLD)
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

BigCol66 wrote:
    Probably best if I talk to a dealer although I was going to purchase from a broker because the 2 dealers I have approached have offered me next to no discount from one and not much off from the other.
    Two dealers I sent configurator specs to didn't even bother to reply.

Give me a DM if you want the contact details of my dealer. I know he'll be more than willing to match broker prices, he did with my DTD quote I took in. Smile

2021 D300 R-Dynamic HSE - Carpathian Grey.
  • Ecosse
    United Kingdom 

2B wrote:
    Is it maybe they expect a massive price-hike ? The D5 is build offshore the UK,
    and likely to fall under import duty.. ..its all very new..

https://www.smmt.co.uk/industry-topics/eur...nal-trade/
  • 2B
    Netherlands 

Excellent ! So my D5 parts stay the same price, and I can continue to shop
    for acessories on Ebay.co.uk.. Whistle

D5 SD4 HSE 2018 Corris grey, Black roof/balckpack (SOLD), F-Type P300 Ultra Blue 2018 (SOLD)
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

• Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

A couple of interesting additions today:

'Premium' Charente Grey HSE R-Dynamic with the vegan 'non-leather' interior.
    https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ad...2108901436

Hakuba Silver S R-Dynmaic on the standard S wheels:
    https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ad...2108905235

• 2B
    Netherlands 

Grey ? It looks like brown to me..

• Darras
    United Kingdom 

Colours are total rip offs! Unless you want white, you are forced to dole out a minimum of £895.

I see the no cost non metallic black has evaporated from the choice. I am surprised LR don’t do the car in untreated metal for a couple of hundred. The could call it “au naturale” or “naked”.

Bunch of penny pinching tight wads and they have the cheek to make sure their dealers upgrade the showrooms with leather sofas and latte machines, manned by sales people with tight fitting tailored shirts for which the customer ultimately pays..

Censored them!
  • Ecosse
    United Kingdom 

Yes, to have 1 standard colour included in the price, and all other colours being extra cost options is pushing the boundaries for a car in this price bracket....but the marketplace will decide...and looking at the number of unsold new D300's that are coming on the market already with with dealers and decent discounts, it points towards a natural correction of the prices. Good for the consumer but a concern for the residual values.
  • eelpout
    United States 

Windy Miller wrote:
    'Premium' Charente Grey HSE R-Dynamic with the vegan 'non-leather' interior.
    https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ad...2108901436

2B wrote:
    Grey ? It looks like brown to me..

I've been staring at photos of Jags with this grey for quite a while, 'cause that's all there was and getting bored with my Carpathian. Smile

Click image to enlarge

hmm what I see is purple/pink under the right light. maybe people should be calibrating their monitors. Smile

I'd consider the non-leather option if one could get cooled seats, but no...
  • Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

Ecosse wrote:
    looking at the number of unsold new D300's that are coming on the market already with with dealers and decent discounts, it points towards a natural correction of the prices.

We're in a national lockdown and dealers are closed. The cars coming to market are dealer cars that were ordered months ago and only just arriving. Decent spec cars (particularly HSE's) and/or cars with decent discount are shifting, its the base spec cars and/or cars with only a couple of grand off that appear to be sticking.

My dealer tells me he is still selling plenty of cars despite the current situation, and he only expects things to get better once we come out of this. I may be wrong, but the 'correction' you're talking about won't be happening IMO, there's nothing to suggest it will, I'd go as far to say that as we come out of lockdown all the people who've been putting off spending £60k+ on a car will come out of the woodwork and extra big discounts won't be needed.

Last edited by Windy Miller on 11th Feb 2021 8:30 am. Edited 1 time in total

• Jayd5
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Considering the issues with The seat fabric in defenders I would want to wait and see how the vegan fabric wears before considering. It does look nice though.
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Windy Miller wrote:
    D300 SE 'Commercial' in Elgar:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ad...2018576887

That one is no longer available.

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • Ecosse
    United Kingdom 

Windy Miller wrote:
    Ecosse wrote:
    looking at the number of unsold new D300's that are coming on the market already with with dealers and decent discounts, it points towards a natural correction of the prices.

I may be wrong, but the 'correction' you're talking about won't be happening IMO, there's nothing to suggest it will,

Brexit issues, large numbers of lay-offs, businesses with large bounce back loans, empty shop units, poor pension returns etc.....well, it will be nice if there isn't a correction (at least for those already invested in vehicles such as the D300!)
  • 2B
    Netherlands 

It is not only in the new cars and demo's with the dealers.

Since october 2019 I have been monitoring the prices of used F-Pace / F-Type and D5's.

Although not selling, prices remained high. The only pressure here is not from lack of demand,

but from cheap imports from Germany, Belgium and Luxembourg. Traders buy cars there

with approved guarantee and offer it on the Dutch market way below local prices. The unweary

will not notice these cars often are "bare" or lacking essential features. Often no DAB+, no towbar,

no seat heating, memory seats, or just an "S" without air suspension and hard plastic trim..

If you search in a search engine which assembles data from many others and you list all

in descending price, you can see that dealers adjust prices according to what traders ask but

the equipment is better. And hardly any is sold. End of december when I bought my D5,

suddenly 5 SD4 from 2017/2018 were sold too. Since then : none.

The kind of people buying these cars used privately are hard-hit by the lockdown.

Also professionals who need cars like this to tow heavy loads [market stall holders],

are hit since the weekly markets are closed.

Prices of used cars will fall dramaticly from now until the end of 2021. Sales of new cars

will dwindle to maybe 25% of sales in 2019. As of 2022 manufacturers will have to rethink

and mergers like Opel/Vauxhall/Peugeot will become the way to survival. Around that time

I think JLR and BMW will merge, or BMW buys JLR all together. Or a Chinese firm buys JLR

and moves part production to China. Shocked

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum