Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

In the UK the S &SE spec cars had in control touch with physical buttons either side of the screen at launch /17my which uses SD card for map data, these specs got In control touch Pro at 18my which is USB for maps downloads.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

Yes, I think you’re right. I it was the smaller screen version, like the 2018 and earlier Disco Sport that SWMBO had. That worked off a SD card from recollection. The card was matched to individual cars and wouldn’t work in anything else.
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

JonM wrote:
    I don't think any D5 uses SD cards at all.

They use a SIM card to connect to the internet and a usb stick for map updates but mine certainly doesn't have any SD card slots.

Sorry my mistaken terminology. I am so use to using camera SD cards I was having a senior moment.🙄

I meant SIM card.

Last edited by Wolfpack on 28th Jul 2021 9:49 am. Edited 1 time in total
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 

Trevorb1 wrote:
    In the UK the S &SE spec cars had in control touch with physical buttons either side of the screen at launch /17my which uses SD card for map data, these specs got In control touch Pro at 18my which is USB for maps downloads.

I have InControl Touch Pro on my 2017 sept and do map uploads via USB. No buttons either side of screen either. It was an ex LR car….I wonder if these were optional upgrades in 2017?
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

If its ex LR car it will be HSE or lux, both of those had in control touch pro from the start, only S & SE started with the non pro system

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 

HSE…that explains it. Thanks
  • Ian2206
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

I've downloaded the Map Downloader and followed all the onscreen set up instructions and I get a window telling me I need to plug a USB with 29.7GB of free space. I have a portable hard drive with 333GB available plugged in. I cant clear the "Refresh" button on the window Any ideas what I may be doing wrong? Thanks.
  • Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 

There may be a footprint on the drive that the downloader doesn’t like.
    I used a 64gb flash drive but had to format it twice before the software decided it was ok to use.

I previously tried to fit it on a 32gb flash drive and it wouldn’t have that.
    From memory I needed? to install the downloader twice as well. It can be a messy process but what’s new with LandRover software?🤷🏻
  • B McP
    Scotland 
    2020 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

A 32Gb USB does not have 32Gb of `useable' space, when you take into account the filesystem structure etc. it will be less than 27Gb. Use a 64Gb or larger but remember it must be formatted as a FAT32 filesystem.
  • ian149
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Firenze Red

Mapupdate cost after 3 year warranty expires

Hi all, I have just passed the 3 year warranty period and had to pay to renew some services such as the phone app etc.
    Does anyone know if charges apply for map updates after 3 years of ownership?
    Cheers
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

Yes... You have to pay for the map updates. You don't have to update though, so if you don't pay, you can still use the Navigation just with old maps
  • ian149
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Firenze Red

Thanks! I just spent a happy hour on the Landrover website and the update and functionality of the different apps and subscriptions it's not particularly clear or explained very well.
    However, map updates are around £90 for a year and £130 for two. I use the SATNAV when we holiday in the caravan but don't know whether there will be enough changes to justify £130....
    Usually if the road is different to the SATNAV the auto reroute will kick in to help you figure out what's happened?
    Guess I could leave it until 2023 to update (as any major roadworks normally take at least a year these days) to get my money's worth....
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

The LR price a silly price to pay.

Buying a Garmin Satnav with lifetime map and safety cameras updates is currently under £100 at Halfords.

Sort of puts it in perspective.

Mine hasn’t run out yet, but I won’t be renewing.
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

I use Android Auto, map updates are free. Mr. Green
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I wouldn’t know how to use the LR nav. Waze and Google maps through CarPlay for me.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum