Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• x13pow
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Road Runner 2017 wrote:
    BruceT wrote:
    Sorry for the side question but what is this HDMI plug for anyway? I believe you can plug in a hard drive with movies on it but doesnt work when driving anyway. Or is this incorrect?

Thank you

If you have the Dual View specced, then the front passenger can watch the TV whilst on the move.

Am sure the same will apply to whatever is plugged into the HDMI, if you have the dual view.

However the driver cannot view anything whilst on the move for safety reasons, just when stationary can they view the TV.

I think the same principle would apply if you DON'T have the Dual View specced. Still be able to view and set up whatevers plugged into the front HDMI, but only when vehicle is stationary, but not on the move.

(I am in the process of using the front HDMI for reversing purposes only, as have connected a couple of external cameras. Hopefully get it finished this week and put the photos up).

With the fire stick plugged in handbrake on and in park i get no option on the source list for any device plugged in the rear HDMI ports, I did not get dual view as the children will be in the back. The only place i see the rear HDMI ports is in the source list for the Rear TV's
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Looks like you will need an HDMI connection in the front console then, for it to show up in the source list on the infotainment screen.

Maybe you only get a front HDMI if you have the dual view, as this makes sense to me now.

I will look over the weekend and see if plugging into the rear HDMI comes up on the infotainment screen or not.

Rather than it being a fault, I suspect that the rear HDMI only work independently on the rear screens as its RSE, and front HDMI will only work on the infotainment screen.

Then again, whatever is plugged into the front HDMI may not be able to be seen on the rear screens, and meant for front viewing only, as are the rear ones, for rear viewing only, as it says that you can simultaneously watch or hear from independent sources on all 3 screens.

I will check with the kids Nintendo Switch on both front and rear HDMI, and test to see if the front image can be seen on the rear screens. I know with the sat nav, dvd and TV can all be seen in the back, but as the HDMI are not interconnected, I don't think 3 screens will pick up from the same source simultaneously like a dvd does, but here's hoping.

Also on the remote control there are functions for both the rear screens, so maybe worthwhile checking the settings.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • x13pow
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Did you get round to testing yours ? Smile
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Nope, but will do this weekend, and post a few photos up Thumbs Up

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Apologies for the delay.

(Was urgently called away for work, and been away for last 3 weeks. Only got back on Saturday) .

Anyhow tried the Nintendo Switch this afternoon on all 3 HDMI sockets, but nothing came up on the infotainment screen or on either rear screen.

Tried fiddling about for 30 mins with the infotainment settings and the remote control, but no luck.

Definitely worked in the summer holidays, which was well before we got the 19B update in the beginning of October.

I am not sure if it's the repIacement cable I ordered, as the original one was borrowed by a friend, and their dog chewed through it.

So it's either the update or the cable at fault. Sorry can't be of more help.

Will try too use the USB ports tomorrow and see if they work instead.

• neoda1
    United Kingdom 

I have a HSE LUX MY20 Model and can confirm that only 2 HDMI slots identified in rear seats.

Connect any device into either of the 2 HDMI ports work fine and can be selected as a "source" from front screen to be viewed only on the rear 2 screens.

Unfortunately the front screen cannot view the HDMI source irrespective of whether or not there is dual screen or TV pack.

I have dual screen as well as TV pack and connecting an amazon firestick to HDMI port in rear slot only allows me to view the HDMI connected device in one of the 2 rear screens only.

Cannot view/select the HDMI source to be viewed bypassenger on dual screen.

This is annoying as passenger could have been enjoying Neflix/Amazon prime in long journeys.
  • Tech2XS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Yep, just realised the same thing. Frustrating as we have a Firestick in the rear playing Plex and the front passenger can’t see it. Was wondering if there is a way to add HDMI viewing to the front dual screen. The TV tuner seems to be pretty pointless on the move, I no longer have any DVD’s and the USB media is limited to a 2Gb Fat32 drive which I only managed to get working once.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum