Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

Yeah I don't understand this either myself. I can only guess it's down to how many cars each dealer has on order already?

News on the diesel heater is as probably expected that it cannot be done. The parts for one are only sold once a matching VIN is presented of a car that had one fitted in factory. They haven't quite given up on this yet but does seem on a Disco 5 this isn't possible.
  • FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

Well the M760Li has gone now to Targa Florio Cars. At current Disco used prices you could probably trade one of those in and pick that up if any of you wanted a V12 luxury saloon. Just won't be that good off-road if that's your thing... it also uses quite a bit of fuel Smile

Should be getting picked up around 3pm by the dealer to get the Disco today. I'll make a new thread with some pictures in the my Disco section in reasonably short order.
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Looking forward to seeing some pictures. Would like to see the interior if possible as you specified the extra leather I believe?
    Will also remind me what I am missing.😭

Discovery 5 HSE Dynamic D300
  • FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

Yes, I did specify the extra leather. I'll get you some photos of that so you can see. Honestly I'm not completely sure what extra leather it gets me but I'll do the obvious areas Smile
  • drwhopilot
    United Kingdom 

Hope you will like the new car - we are still very pleased with ours. Increasing throttle as it runs in - it is quick, smooth and quiet!

And to add to the good news, WBAC valuation is £5K more than we paid after 3 months. Weird!
  • FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

Yeah I imagine with the options list I have on mine I won’t have the luxury of the price being more than I paid for it but if it can keep its value well regardless that would be good Smile
  • FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

So I’ve seen it, I’ve touched it but I don’t have my car yet. Maybe as a welcome to the world of Land Rover the payment system was broken so literally couldn’t pay for it. They’ve been great and given me a loaner Disco 5 as ultimately this is out of their hands. Working in IT myself I know how this goes.

Maybe tomorrow or early next week, we shall see.

Thoughts on the loaner as bit more time behind the wheel:

D300 engine really is pretty quick, not like my last car obviously but it's no slouch either

Corners well with minimal body roll when making progress. This obviously considering it's a tall SUV so I'm not comparing it to a low slung car

Pivi Pro is really quite good

Ride on some bad B roads on 21inch wheels is a bit lacking. I said it was probably close to 90% of my old car on smoother roads but on these roads it's closer to 50 - 60%. Guess I just didn’t get onto some of the worst roads on my test drive and maybe hence was too harsh on the BMW X5 / X7. Ordered with 20's so should be better but maybe just the tyres as well

• Whippetman
    England 

Oh dear
    Welcome to LR
    Great introduction I must say!!

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

Yeah you couldn't make this stuff up Smile
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

How on earth can’t you pay for it? Was it Switch? That takes a few minuets with a confirmation phone call.

Tbh, I’ve got the patience of a gnat, I’d have said either I leave with the car or stuff your order, not my problem you system is screwed, so I don’t see why I should suffer.

Seems trust is a one way street with dealers. They’ll give you a loaner, but not your car, what are they that frightened you’ll default? Rolling Eyes
  • FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

So the issue was the system that would have told them my money got to them. I didn’t go into too much details on it. Until that happens my car isn’t road taxed so cannot be driven yet.

I’m more patient I guess. Had so many issues with various things recently and as I’ve got older I’ve just mellowed out a bit I guess. I’ve waited 5 months for it so what’s a few more days. Also gives them a chance to fit the dash cam as when they went to do it, was missing a part so they’ve had to order another one in.
  • FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

Just had call. Apparently it’s sorted so might be able to pick up today, more if I can fit it in as have a guy coming over to look at an issue with my AC at home today.
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

I must admit I would probably wait and tax it from 1st December what's a couple of days and you get an extra months tax.

Discovery 5 HSE Dynamic D300
  • FastLaneJB
    United Kingdom 

Yeah to be honest I didn't think of that but I'd still have got it anyway as a months tax isn't a big deal in the scheme of things at least in my mind.

Have the car now, setup a new thread on it Thumbs Up

https://disco5.co.uk/forum/thread3266.html
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

So long as you’re happy. I find as I get older, my patience diminishes to pretty much zero.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum