Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• ThatMartinChap
    United Kingdom 

Replacing Rear foglight - how to access it ?

OK - like an idiot I reversed into a tree while parking in the dark. In my defence, I was aware of a steel post behind me which I thought the reversing beepers were complaining about but I totally did not see the so$$ing big tree even though my wife was saying "mind that tree" Rolling Eyes

Anyway, the damage was minimal and amounted to a broken foglight and a bruised ego.

I have sourced a replacement foglight unit but I need to figure out how to replace it. I am assuming that I need to remove the bumper cover somehow. It's been a bit too dark and cold to look properly at it but I was hoping that someone on here can point me in the right direction and save me from shelling out for a Topix subscription.

Thanks
    -Martin

D5 D300 R-Dynamic HSE MY21
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Easiest thing is to look on YouTube, as several videos on there about bumper removal. Cheaper than a Topix subscription.

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • ThatMartinChap
    United Kingdom 

Good point ! Thanks - I should have checked that first. Embarassed

There is one there for a MY19 which has a slightly different bumper. I'm sure it can't be that much different though and looks simple enough. I'll have a poke around over the weekend

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Tell us how you get on 👍

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • ThatMartinChap
    United Kingdom 

Hi All - I can't believe it took me 4 months to actually get around to fixing this, It was relatively easy to do after all but needed some "faith" to get the relevant clips undone without any damage to bodywork.

There is a decent video on YT showing how to do it on pre MY21 models but MY21 clips are a little bit different but the principle is the same. I must admit that I ended up paying a few ££ for a single access to Topix which was worth it since the main bumper clips pull off in a different direction compared to the YT video. That probably saved me from causing some nasty damage. Bow down

Anyway, it was pretty simple to un-screw and unclip one half of the bumper cover and then unscrew and swap the fog-light.

Took me about 1h to carefully remove the bumper and swap the foglight. about 5 mins to fit everything back Laughing

• Windy Miller
    United Kingdom 

*deleted*

2021 D300 R-Dynamic HSE - Carpathian Grey.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum