Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• JackNorris
    United Kingdom 

What nose weight to what powertrain

Hi all

Sorry, I cant post in General for some reason...

I am just reading ready to finalise my build and ive found this online.

The electrically deployable tow bar is operated via a switch in the rear loadspace or by the infotainment system in the cabin. It is sensitive to obstruction encountered during deploying/stowing and will stow automatically if necessary. The electrically deployable tow bar is stowed discreetly behind the rear bumper when not in use providing a clean attractive finish. The towing electrics are also hidden until deployed. Approved for up to 3,500kg* maximum towing capacity and 350kg* nose weight. Includes a unique trailer light test facility which allows the driver to check without assistance if the trailer lights, including reverse and brake lights, are functioning correctly. The trailer light test is activated via either a switch in the loadspace or via the touchscreen, depending on the vehicle’s specification. Kit includes tow bar, towing module, module bracket, module fixing nuts, module fixing bolts, harness, switch pack, recovery panel and tow eye cover. 21MY onwards. Not applicable for Commercial. The tow eye cover replaces the rear valance when towing is ordered. This tow eye cover is supplied primed for a Land Rover Retailer to paint body colour. *Towing capability varies by powertrain. Towing nose weight dependent upon powertrain and wheels fitted. Not suitable for caravans, trailers or lighting boards fitted with rear mounted LED lamp kits.

Does anyone know what powertrain gets you what nose weight?

Thanks

MY2020 Discovert 5 Landmark 3.0 | MY2019 Discovery 5 SE 3.0 - Gone| MY2016 Discovery 4 Graphite - SOLD | MY2015 Discovery 4 SE Tech - SOLD
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

From memory it is on the technical spec shown on line

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • JackNorris
    United Kingdom 

Hmmm all I can find is 150kg but that seems a massive drop from the original d5 which I think was 350kg.

Not that I need 350kg but you know.

MY2020 Discovert 5 Landmark 3.0 | MY2019 Discovery 5 SE 3.0 - Gone| MY2016 Discovery 4 Graphite - SOLD | MY2015 Discovery 4 SE Tech - SOLD
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Follow this link

https://www.landrover.com/Images/Land-Rove...928559.pdf

Page 31 says 350KG for D250 and D300, hope that helps.

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

The small print adds:

Quote:
    ‡When fitted with Electrically Deployable Tow Bar. 195kg with Detachable Tow Bar.

The small print also says that the D300 (not D250) :

Quote:
    Maximum towing capacity is limited to 2.500kg when the 20" Style 5011, 5 split-spoke, Gloss Sparkle Silver wheel is fitted.

Which I really don't understand Confused Particularly since I have the 5011 20" wheels in grey so apparently grey paint is stronger than silver paint Confused

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • JackNorris
    United Kingdom 

Thanks both, very helpful

Also intrigued by the alloy wheel altering weight. Nose weight I would get but that’s odd

• Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

JonM wrote:
    The small print adds:

Quote:
    ‡When fitted with Electrically Deployable Tow Bar. 195kg with Detachable Tow Bar.

The small print also says that the D300 (not D250) :

Quote:
    Maximum towing capacity is limited to 2.500kg when the 20" Style 5011, 5 split-spoke, Gloss Sparkle Silver wheel is fitted.

Which I really don't understand Confused Particularly since I have the 5011 20" wheels in grey so apparently grey paint is stronger than silver paint Confused

Does that mean 22” wheels are likely to be rated at even less max load? Shocked
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum