Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Pengranger
    England 

Thanks for the link. Really appreciate it. I’ve watch all three videos!

There is mention of the MY21 models having the KVM which you can add the Activity Key v2 to. I’m waiting for my dealer to get back to me.
  • Pengranger
    England 

Successfully had the Activity Key v2 paired to the MY21. Once the dealer was informed had to pair the key, it took about 40 minutes to complete. No additional parts were required apart from the Activity Key itself.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

When I got my car I was led to believe that the activity key option wasn’t available without a large expense. However they did a bit of digging and found that it had the right KVM fitted and they just needed an activity key. They obtained one and paired it with no issues and it works fine

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • eelpout
    United States 

wow. I'm still waiting on my key (picked up the '22 in July). Of course I'm also waiting on a replacement rear tail lens (also ordered in July).

I fully expect both of these to show up when my lease is done at the end of '23. Very Happy
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

Are you just waiting on the activity key band or the whole lot including the module in the boot hatch?
    I know these are on back order due to the chip issues.
    I was lucky mine had the module fitted and just needed the wrist band which my dealer managed to get.

Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • eelpout
    United States 

Pretty sure the module is already there, just the band.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

If it is see if any of the other dealers round you have just the band and get that and just get it programmed

• eelpout
    United States 

so, I was notified my activity key was finally in (18 months later!). went to have it installed and turns out it was the wrong band, the basic older one not the Grade-A Fancy. they said they'd order it and I said, "see you in 2024 I guess." Wink
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

So did you see what the new key was like
    It should have looked like a basic digital watch

• eelpout
    United States 

yeah I've seen pictures of it and on YouTube. I actually should have asked the dealer if they had any I could look at it why I was there but was a bit annoyed and wanted to leave. Smile

I talked to my contact at the dealership and things are not good. basically, if you want to be (mostly) guaranteed any options, order an Autobiography version which has it standard. And I think he said the Meridian sound systems are now just not available.
  • gavsta

The local dealer added an Activity Key on top of the two standard keys, which were supplied with my MY23.5 Metropolitan. No additional parts were required, and it was a quick job.

The £330 Activity Key factory option was removed for MY23.5, hence it was a job for the dealer. I was charged £230 for the Activity Key itself, with no additional charges, so I was rather happy.

Two warnings:
    1) Your car must be in service mode, via the InControl app.
    2) The dealer will require both keys (which differs from some third party systems).
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 

Glad you got it fitted, mine want in service mode via the In control app but they did need both keys.

• gavsta

Russell wrote:
    Glad you got it fitted, mine want in service mode via the In control app but they did need both keys.

Standard JLR then. Nothing is standard Laughing
  • eelpout
    United States 

Well, still don't have the Activity Key v2. My dealer was mistaken TWICE that it was in. All they keep receiving is the v1.

I noticed the v2 key is now gone from the USA Land Rover accessories pages. :/
  • WmDisco
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery TDV6 SE Silicon Silver

You can buy one from Powerful UK. Need to get the US frequency or UKJ depending where you live.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum