Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• gavsta

Soler wrote:
    A friends HSE ordered end of Aug is due June / July.

Is that an estimated handover date, from the dealer, or based on the vehicle build date?
  • Craigp
    England 

Just been reading in the fb group that LR/dealers are not honouring any discounts offered at the time of order, if the order placed was for a 2022 model and the intended supply model is a 2023. Caravan club and NFU mentioned. Censored
  • gavsta

Shocked

Sounds like an express method to damage relationships with a loyal customer base.

Similar to things on the military side:

Will the price I have been quoted be honoured for 12 months?

Unfortunately, there will be no price protection or additional support available for customer orders which cannot be fulfilled within the current production model year, should a new model be made available replacing the model present at the time of order our customers will be offered the new specification at the prevailing cost and will be free to choose if they wish to proceed or not.

• Soler
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery Si6 HSE Loire Blue

gavsta wrote:
    Soler wrote:
    A friends HSE ordered end of Aug is due June / July.

Is that an estimated handover date, from the dealer, or based on the vehicle build date?

Estimated handover date.
  • BigCol66
    United Kingdom 

Glad I cancelled my order then as I was offered a 13.5% discount when I ordered.

Discovery 5 D300 Metropolitan.
  • Popsdosh
    United Kingdom 

Heard today all Nissans have been bumped up by 10%+ . The logic was the market will stand it as they are in such a backlog of orders .So we can charge what we like.
    LR last week was basically saying they will produce vehicles that give them the highest revenue per vehicle ie RR before the lower models . If im totally honest im not sure the Disco will ever come in a sixth incarnation ,I think it will be dropped as the new guy at the top has high aspirations and thinks their competition will come from Bentley and Merc top end and cutting back on volume sales. Why compete with the new defender with the crazy premiums people are happy to pay for one. LR ditched their core customers ages ago when they ditched the previous Defender and developed the D5
  • eelpout
    United States 

the Disco fits a niche the Defender doesn't so I hope they don't get rid of it. The Def is more expensive (trendy!, exposed rivets!) and smaller inside for stuff. I just couldn't pull the trigger on one when it came out for these reasons.

Depending on what hybrid/BEV power trains are available when I look again in a couple years, if the Disco is indeed gone I may look elsewhere.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

It is fairly ridiculous that the Defender is not more utilitarian (and, hence, useful) than the Disco.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • Popsdosh
    United Kingdom 

LR obviously dont wish to produce utilitarian vehicles anymore thats been obvious for the last 10yrs. Hopefully Ineos will fill that gap with a vehicle based on sound tried and tested components when they become available and expect a hydrogen version in the near future as JR owns a large producer of the fuel.
    For some time before the D5 was announced there were doubts that the D4 would have a replacement.
    From what people tell me the new defender is very capable but about 20k to expensive for the market they were aimed at initially
  • gavsta

To my eyes, there's no denying Land Rover have transitioned towards luxury utility, assumedly a response to the growing markets, where refinement is demanded from a capable vehicle. No better example than the Defender.

For the Defender's utility credentials, I hear a 130 is in development.

Now I think of it, JLR themselves, talk of the D5 having 90% of the refinement of the FFRR. That's certainly a factor in my D5 order, with my last dalliance being D2, many, many years ago.

Back to the topic in hand; for those that have a D5 on order, what is your order status?
    - Holding pool with dealer's estimated handover date
    - Allocated build slot
    - In build
    - On the way
  • conts355
    United Kingdom 

Holding pool last 7 months for a commercial, not been giving any other info…..
  • Craigp
    England 

SE R DYNAMIC D250 Order placed Sept 2021 ( Best enter the year could be a long one)

Order status:- Not the foggiest. Censored
  • jojim65
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery Si6 HSE Kaikoura Stone

Alas I too have now got so fed up with Land Rover, From the excitement of ordering a Discovery HSE in August with help form their Affinity Military assistance program being told it was on course for a January 2022 delivery, To then be told it would change to MY23 and you would lose spec.

I've now been told all Affinity help has been withdrawn and delivery by the end of 2022 is still not guaranteed.

So that's it order will now be cancelled and appointment made on Monday to buy a BMW X5, even with a lengthy lead time it will be quicker than JLR

Having had loads of JLR products in the past I'm now finished, I will never again buy a Land Rover.
    After 7 months of waiting I'm spitting feathers at their attitude and lack of communication.
  • mole
    United Kingdom 

After changing my order from a DIscovery Sport to a Discovery Metropolitan due to the decrease in specification of the Sport, I realised I would join at the back of the queue again. This was in January 2022 and although the dealer would not commit to a date they were “hopeful” of delivery by Christmas 2022. Maybe they are calling it a 2023 model as that is when I am likely to see it !!
  • eelpout
    United States 

Popsdosh wrote:
    From what people tell me the new defender is very capable but about 20k to expensive for the market they were aimed at initially

I was a bit shocked last year, the year before(?) when I spec'd similarly outfitted Defenders and D5's and the Defender was around $10K more. Wink
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum