Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• conts355
    United Kingdom 

Orders MY23

What is the score with landrover changing existing orders to MY23 ? does this mean the 6-9 months waiting on particular models defaults back to the beginning?
  • Soler
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery Si6 HSE Loire Blue

The build date should remain the same when flipping from 22 to 23 but there are still some delays to orders placed around September last year, A friend who placed his order in September with a delivery date of March has been told to expect in June / July
  • conts355
    United Kingdom 

I placed in July and still they won’t even give a estimate! Strange how some are given rough dates and others nothing! Or is it a case of make up a date just to keep customer happy…
  • JackNorris
    United Kingdom 

I ordered in august and apparently being built mid Feb…

MY2020 Discovert 5 Landmark 3.0 | MY2019 Discovery 5 SE 3.0 - Gone| MY2016 Discovery 4 Graphite - SOLD | MY2015 Discovery 4 SE Tech - SOLD
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I think the move to MY23 is more about reducing spec than moving build dates back. Check your revised order carefully.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • mole
    United Kingdom 

Equilibrium is correct, check your build spec against the new 23 year models available.
    I ordered a new Disco Sport in October 21 and just before Christmas received a call from my dealer saying the heads-up display was no longer an option. Agreed to continue without it only to learn via the Disco Sport forum that the Interactive Driver Display was now only available on the Black edition, and that only comes with a petrol engine!
    Visited the dealer last Saturday to discuss the way forward and he lent me a new Discovery to try. Now have a Metropolitan edition on order. Not sure how long I have to wait but hoping it will be here by Christmas, 2022 I hope!
  • lipscow

my23 order

Ordered a R-Dynamic HSE Discovery may-14 2021, still waiting on delivery date and have now been informed could be Q-3 this year. Landrover are not good at keeping you informed.

Crying or Very sad
  • gavsta

mole wrote:
    Equilibrium is correct, check your build spec against the new 23 year models available.
    I ordered a new Disco Sport in October 21 and just before Christmas received a call from my dealer saying the heads-up display was no longer an option. Agreed to continue without it only to learn via the Disco Sport forum that the Interactive Driver Display was now only available on the Black edition, and that only comes with a petrol engine!
    Visited the dealer last Saturday to discuss the way forward and he lent me a new Discovery to try. Now have a Metropolitan edition on order. Not sure how long I have to wait but hoping it will be here by Christmas, 2022 I hope!

That's a similar story to our July 21 Discovery HSE order, which sat there for a while with no build date. In August, we were informed that JLR were not progressing any builds that had a head up display or 360' cameras selected as options. Rather than remove the HUD from the order, we decided to wait. As October rolled around, more and more items were no longer being offered as options, at which point the dealer offered to remove those items and submit an order for a car with a much reduced spec.

It was only by chance I'd spotted the Metropolitan Edition on the LR website. I pointed out to the dealer, the Metropolitan had, as standard, the options which were no longer available on the HSE, plus the additional standard spec meant the final costs were actually lower than a heavily optioned HSE. Asking the dealer why this hadn't been recommended to me, there were a few mumbles about the higher base price, and the order going to the back of the queue. To this day, I'm unclear about that final point, as the original order was never accepted by LR.

Anyway, having placed one of the very first Metropolitan Edition orders, an email two days ago informed us the dealer was still unable to obtain an allocated build date, three months after the order was submitted.

I wonder if supplies of the various graphics and park assist chips are being funnelled in to the new FFRR, to the detriment of other orders.
  • Ian_S
    United Kingdom 

The new RR has a completely different instrument display, new floating design, so I doubt they are in direct competition. It's more likely that Defenders will be competing in the (same) factory for them.

Having said that, Discovery builds year-on-year are only around 5% down on last year, but massively less than the new defender.

Like you say, it's a real kick in the teeth that the new top of the range Metropolitan edition can still have it, when if you ordered back in April last year you're still left dangling around with no lead time Sad
  • gavsta

I believe all the Pivi Pro generation of vehicles use the same Electrical Vehicle Architecture 2.0, so all models may be competing for the same chipsets, despite the choice of in-vehicle display.

Whatever the reason, keeping a close eye on the spec sheet is imperative, to avoid surprises.

It was only from reading this site, and someone asking how to activate park assist on their MY22 Discovery, that I learned that Park Assist isn't a standard item (or optional) on my build. Dealer says it's due to a shortage of the chip, with supplies going to the i-Pace, F-Pace, Velar & FFRR instead.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

I think building Discovery's is a low priority?

My July Range Rover Sport order was delivered in November.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/busines...nue-car-q4

2017 HSE now sold, if you own WF17AXN then you have a well sorted car!
    2022 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic and 2023 Sport P440e Dynamic SE on order
  • JackNorris
    United Kingdom 

My MY23 august order had a build date for mid feb and now lost that date and become unspotted

MY2020 Discovert 5 Landmark 3.0 | MY2019 Discovery 5 SE 3.0 - Gone| MY2016 Discovery 4 Graphite - SOLD | MY2015 Discovery 4 SE Tech - SOLD
  • conts355
    United Kingdom 

What vehicle are you getting? How have you lost slot?
  • Soler
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery Si6 HSE Loire Blue

A friends HSE ordered end of Aug is due June / July.
  • eelpout
    United States 

Quote:
    A friends HSE ordered end of Aug is due June / July.

wow, that is quite the delay. I think I put my order in for a '22 in March of last year and it showed up in July '21.

Now, the replacement tail light lens my dealer ordered in July of last year OTOH is still in the ether.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum