Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

What's taking up this boot space???

Recently spotted the boot on my new Disco will be smaller than my MY2019 D5... what's taking up this space then? Is this for the mild hybrid batteries or something else??????

Hadn't noticed until looking at the brochure again...

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

Car battery & rear A/C unit
  • B50int
    United Kingdom 

I think that picture is one with the rear (4 zone) air con. The a/c unit is in the back left hand side.

If you don’t have the 4 zone, you have a cubby recess instead.

Jon

MY23 (2022) D300 SE R-Dynamic Eiger Grey, Tow Pack, Matrix Headlights and a few other options
    Gone: 2018 HSE 3.0 tdv6 Santorini black
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

Thanks for the quick responses... yup, I think the new one does have the rear a/c spec'd, and of course mild hybrid, so that's the boot space down a bit! Useful space when running fully loaded for a family holiday, but we'll survive!

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 

Jon... I think the the left side one is actually the A/C for the 6th and 7th seats.
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 

Ah, well I don't have air-con for the third-row ordered. Just the individual controls allowing air con in the second row, which I didn't have on my MY2019. So I should win this space back on the actual car?

• nebc100
    Luxembourg 

Jon has made me doubt myself....

I thought that the D5 was the same as the D3 that I had where if you had the 7 seats and "rear a/c" then you had an extra condenser and dryer in the rear wing.

I am assuming the the D5 is the same.

My D5 has 7 seats and 4 zone A/C and it DOES have that, but not sure if it was ordered with extra a/c of the 3rd row seats (it was a car they had in stock, so I didn't customise it myself).
  • B50int
    United Kingdom 

Fairly sure that that it’s the a/c unit for 4 zone (second row dual controls). The 3 zone has a single control for second row and no extra a/c unit (air is derived from front a/c unit).

I am not aware that there is any dedicated a/c option for the 3rd row but the 2nd row overhead outlets do point rearward.

I had to downscale on my recent order to an SE so I don’t even have the door pillar outlets for the second row driven from front air like I had in my old HSE!

I do have maximum boot space though!

MY23 (2022) D300 SE R-Dynamic Eiger Grey, Tow Pack, Matrix Headlights and a few other options
    Gone: 2018 HSE 3.0 tdv6 Santorini black
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 

You are right that there are no special controls for the 3rd row, but I vaguely have in mind that if you don't have the 3td row, you don't get the extra condenser in the boot even if you chose the 4 zone A/C.

I remember reading that this was the case in the D3.

I know that my dogs loved the a/c out in the boot for the 3rd row seats!!

Also... There is an air outlet in that bulge in the boot because my boot liner had to leave a gap there so as to let the air out.
  • Equilibrium
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

My MY19 and MY20 HSE Luxuries both looked like the pic in the OP. It's the third row aircon.

Drives: 2020 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Eiger Grey/Glacier
    Departed: 2019 MY20 HSE Luxury SDV6 in Carpathian Grey/Glacier, 440i, 320d, Toyotas, Mondeo, Citroen BX amongst others
  • mack1979
    United Kingdom 
    2020 Discovery SDV6 HSE Santorini Black

That's correct. It's the air con unit for the 4 zone unit. This has separate left and right sides in the second row with air vents in the roof and B-pillars for the second row and vents in the C-pillars for the third row (no separate controls for third row). We have the heated and cooled second row seats which are controlled from the same dials (or the main touch screen). The third row heated seats have separate buttons on the side panels but no other way to control them from the touch screen.

New D5 HSE 3l SD6 MY20. Black and all the black options!
    Old: (sold) D4 MY11 3.0l SDV6 (black obviously)
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum