Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Last year I payed the warranty in a single payment. Realised last night that I can do 10 X installments for the same price.
    Just an afterthought, but what if the car was written off for some reason. Do you still have to pay the remaining monthly debits, or is that not the case?

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Thanks

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Darras
    United Kingdom 

You’ve purchased it for a years cover and entered into an agreement, so I would imagine it’s hard luck. They might let you defer it or transfer it if that would be of any use, but that down to goodwill. I can’t see them refund you.

Strange thing is I paid by instalments last year for some strange reason when I am adamant it is not my preferred choice of payment. I pay everything, even the Council Tax in a oner. Go figure? Rolling with laughter
  • Whippetman
    England 

Road Runner 2017 wrote:
    Last year I payed the warranty in a single payment. Realised last night that I can do 10 X installments for the same price.
    Just an afterthought, but what if the car was written off for some reason. Do you still have to pay the remaining monthly debits, or is that not the case?

I was paying monthly and didn’t have to pay in full when I sold.
    If I had claimed for anything under the extended warranty then payment has to be made in full.
    Interesting fact as the leaking windscreen was not covered under the warranty ( it was a good will gesture ) this didn’t count against me even though I demanded LR Assistance take the car to the dealership.

HSE LUX, Aintree Green GONE
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Darras wrote:
    You’ve purchased it for a years cover and entered into an agreement, so I would imagine it’s hard luck. They might let you defer it or transfer it if that would be of any use, but that down to goodwill. I can’t see them refund you.

Strange thing is I paid by instalments last year for some strange reason when I am adamant it is not my preferred choice of payment. I pay everything, even the Council Tax in a oner. Go figure? Rolling with laughter

Am of the same mindset, pay everything in one go, out of site out of mind.
    However my trailer got flattened when a large tree trunk fell on it last year, so it got me thinking if that ever happened to the car, half way through paying, i would save £500 Laughing

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Whippetman wrote:
    Road Runner 2017 wrote:

I was paying monthly and didn’t have to pay in full when I sold.
    If I had claimed for anything under the extended warranty then payment has to be made in full.
    Interesting fact as the leaking windscreen was not covered under the warranty ( it was a good will gesture ) this didn’t count against me even though I demanded LR Assistance take the car to the dealership.

Thanks Whippetman, just as i had thought Thumbs Up

• Darras
    United Kingdom 

What Whippetman says makes sense. Thumbs Up

Dont know what I’ll eventually do with the car. This waiting a year plus sucks the fun out of it. By the time you get it, we won’t be far off all going electric and the new car won’t be worth b*gger all.

SWMBO is wanting to change her car this year before hers gets to 3 years old and buy a new LR, but that’s her business. I stay well out of it on the basis that it’s her money and anything I say won’t be right.
  • Whippetman
    England 

Agree
    However looked at hybrids and most do 30 on electric charge which means too many plug ins daily and useless for longer journey lugging the batteries around on petrol .
    Turn on heater, wipers, lights and HK you’re lucky to do 20 miles so in my mind probably pretty worthless in 3 years just thought what I wanted wasn’t available now so go diesel with 50 mpg and see how we go for as long as I want to keep the car..
    Censored whichever way you choose ?
    Government taxation policy has already got electric vehicles in their sights due to drop in RFT due in near future.

• Whippetman
    England 

All said and done my company has bought a top of the range all electric Skoda 250 mile range for 100 % tax relief off the corporation tax.
    Mad world isn’t it ?😂

• Wolfpack
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Corris Grey

Darras wrote:

I am not sure I would be inclined to pay the remaining monthly payments if the car has been written off or even sold. I can’t imagine any insurance company pursuing you for the rest of the annual payment if payments stopped.

Surely they would just point out they couldn’t take the direct debit and without it being sorted, ‘your warranty/insurance cover will been invalidated and cancelled’. ?

I can however accept the obligation to pay up in full if a claim has been made.

I always pay by d/d where ever possible.

Being a Yorkshireman I am on first name terms with all the notes in my wallet and hate to see the family blown apart in a moment of impetuous premature spending. Very Happy
  • Popsdosh
    United Kingdom 

For what its worth the warranty is just like a car insurance policy and any unused portion of the premium is refunded pro rata.
  • terryall
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

Just been quoted £2700 for next 3 years servicing from 2024.
    No parts included obviously. This sounds expensive to me but what do others think?
    Current mileage 42k and 10k annually.
  • Whippetman
    England 

Personally I wouldn’t be even thinking of doing this.

• Darras
    United Kingdom 

PAYG for servicing.

Even under the old servicing scheme, which was cheaper than the new one if you can get it, by shopping around, I got even it cheaper.
  • Longmanh
    United Kingdom 

Just a question about the LR approved/extended warranty, is there a way of getting proof that the car is still covered?

I basically bought my car through a dealer (non LR) but the previous owner had confirmed to the dealership that the car still had 10 months remaining as he'd paid up front.

I've been told by LR I need to speak to Car Care Plan but trying to actually get through to someone seems impossible.

Any thoughts please?

Thanks.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum