Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Yorkietiger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

ODBII Scanners

Has anyone got experience with home use ODBII Scanners with a D5? I suspect i am not alone with getting the engine management light coming on with either insignificant or spurious DTCs, Now, i have local friendly independent garage that i take the car to and he reads the codes and cancels the insignificant ones for free, while following up and addressing the ‘real’ issues.

It would be good to be a bit more self sufficient, as i ended up calling out the breakdown service whilst away with the caravan last week, not want to risk towing with the light on, not knowing what the fault code was. As it turned out it was a turbo overboost condition failure that had occurred and whilst it needs looking into, it would not compromise towing home. He cleared the code and it is in next week to have the throttle body looked at.
  • terryall
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Indus Silver

As I understand it there is not a code reader of much use for the D5 at present. The IID Tool that is available does not do anywhere near as much for the D5 as it did for the D3/4 as the D5 is very much a different kettle of fish and not one to be mucked around with.
  • nebc100
    Luxembourg 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Namib Orange

The IID can do a lot for the D5 now… including modifying the ccf of the car.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum