Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• discus
    United Kingdom 

Is there any way to give feedback on the bugs through any official channel? One wonders if the development team get any of the feedback that shows up on threads like this.
  • Ian_S
    United Kingdom 

I see Pivi Pro 4.1.0 has broken cover... I wonder if it will address any of the issues?

https://www.ovalnews.com/2023/09/pivi-pro-...notes.html
  • discus
    United Kingdom 

Lame Keep assist changes sound like a big improvement.
  • Ian_S
    United Kingdom 

Quote:
    Lame Keep assist...

Sums it up for me!! Laughing
  • Loz
    United Kingdom 

discus wrote:
    Is there any way to give feedback on the bugs through any official channel? One wonders if the development team get any of the feedback that shows up on threads like this.
    I have found a contact at JLR who is quoted as a system Architect for Pivi Pro, I’ve messaged him through LinkedIn, let’s see if he responds.

2023 Dynamic-R Metropolitan Edition D300MHEV
  • Ian_S
    United Kingdom 

In the slim hope that someone at LR does read any of this, another thing we noticed on holiday (when it was hot) was that there is no indication on the main display of the outside temperature. It's hidden in the instrument binnacle.

We both thought it would be really useful for the main Pivi display to have the outside temp underneath the phone and car signal indications. Then the passenger wouldn't have to keep asking what the temperature outside was!
  • Gooshy
    United Kingdom 

Any idea if it's possible to request to get added for an OTA update? I'm currenlty on 3.2.2 I think and woudl love CarPlay on my dash.
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

I'm sure a dealer can plug your car in and update it, but OTA updates just happen automatically (although you do need to agree to the prompt for significant updates). It's up to 4.1.0 now.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Ian_S
    United Kingdom 

Still no sign of Pivi 4.1.x for me yet, but seeing as the fix list looks more Range Rover specific, I'm guessing they are the cars getting priority for SOTA.

Seeing as the CarPlay stuff is not working brilliantly I thought I'd take a chance on updating my phone to iOS 17. No real change. Off line Apple maps are now available, but if you put it into offline mode, on the IDD display it permanently says you're in offline mode with a smudge around the text which is a bit annoying.

If only you could backlevel!!

Has anyone received 4.1.0 yet with a Disco?
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Yes

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Ian_S
    United Kingdom 

My car has finally moved from 4.0.1 to 4.1.1 and no real progress. So I've gone through the pain of starting a case for various Pivi related issues.

Interestingly, if your audio source is anything other than CarPlay (or the phone) itself, the active mapping system is remembered. So if I use DAB+ radio, the car doesn't switch to Apple Maps every time, even though CarPlay is connected automatically. You know CarPlay is connected as the CarPlay icon appears as a shortcut, and the phone tile has it too...

So it seems purely related to using your phone as the audio source, either Apple Music or other, so I have Qobuz as well, which also causes the behaviour.

I've also queried around a bike rack being wrongly assumed to be a trailer and applying the wrong speed corrections, the HVAC controls being on full brightness and not dimming, and incoming messages just dumping you into the last used CarPlay app...

Will update if I get anywhere.
  • Loz
    United Kingdom 

Mine finally got the update today..

Re:bike rack/trailer
    I came across one of the pivi architecture guys on LinkedIn so I messaged him about having a bike rack trailer profile.

• pip123
    United Kingdom 

Has anyone else had this update?

I was wondering what the 'upcoming feature and performance enhancements' will be!
  • Loz
    United Kingdom 

I think this might be preparation for the upcoming upgrades to Apple Carplay due in iOS 17.4

• Ian_S
    United Kingdom 

So, an update on the various issues from Land Rover.

Basically in their eyes, nothing wrong, thanks for your feedback and goodbye. Which took them 2 months to deliver.

As customer service goes it's up to their normal Censored standards. JLR head office really need to pull their heads out of their behinds. Problem is, while they have a big Q of people buying their higher end products there's no incentive to listen.

Given that it's been the non-high end customers that have saved their collective behinds many times previously, they would be wise not to ignore them, and be a bit more humble and proactive.

Oh look, 633 Flying Pork Squadron have just flown by!
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum