Now I’m the new owner of my Disco I want to remove the profile of the previous owner and reset everything so I can set things up from scratch and register myself, and also add the vehicle to Incontrol which I can’t do. I’m being asked for a pin which I obviously don’t know. Will I need to go to my dealer to do it and for them to erase all the details etc of the previous owner?
Hope that makes sense 😬
That's one thing you can't do yourself. In Control customer services has to do it for you. Phone up Land Rover In Control support on 0370 500 0500 then option 3 from the menu.
In Control support are extremely helpful and they'll walk you through the entire process. Removing the previous owners details and adding yours is free, you only pay if you decide to take on a subscription to the remote services. They might give you a month of the remote services FOC to try it out before you make a decision. They did that for me, and a few others I've heard from on here.
I've no idea what the current remote subscription cost is, when I set it up last year, it was £40 per year or £60 for a 2 year sub...I opted for the 2 years.
You'll need a few ownership details to register you as the new owner...usually by emailing photos of ID and a couple of pages from the V5 document.
In Control support will also walk you through the remote services setup step by step on the phone, once your details are all set up at their end and after a few hours, you have to link the car to your account by pressing the remote button on the roof console for a few seconds. It's nothing too complicated...like I said, they'll walk you through it.
Screenshot from the LR remote phone app (on Android)...the number 405mi lets you know how much fuel is in the car. There are mixed views on how useful the remote app is though...personally, I like it.
Remote start and remote locking are really handy. I can start the car up on cold winter mornings to warm it up with the cabin heater going to defrost the windscreen as I'm sitting at the kitchen table eating my toast. It runs the engine and heater (or AC in the summer) for 30 mins whilst your car remains locked and alarmed until you go out and open the door. Distance or line of sight are also irrelevant. As long as you have a phone signal, the remote app works.
Thanks mole very informative answer 👍 I’m one of those people that if got something available to me I like to at least know about it and in all probability use it and Icontrol is one of those things.
Also there’s a sim in the slot under the arm rest not taken it out yet. I guess that’s for a data connection?
It is, I can't use the sim slot because the telemetry module on the Bling Barge is 3G only...being an early 2017 model. To be honest, I've never once used the on board software for maps, music or anything else, my phone does all that.
The only thing I've added is a wireless bluetooth dongle so I don't have to physically plug the phone into the car with a USB cable to use Android Auto. (Apple Car Play if you have an iPhone). It does everything the on board software does...just slightly faster.
Last edited by Mole HD on 4th Oct 2026 9:09 am. Edited 1 time in total
Some of the wireless dongles can be a bit pernickety to set up or have connectivity issues...I've tried a few that were so-so but eventually bought this one last year which has been top notch.
It's not the cheapest, but it has flawless connectivity, the setup was a simple as can be, it can be connected to 2 phones and you can switch between each phone with the press of a button. It also does Android or iPhone. Amazon link.
I also bought one of these Magsafe quick chargers to hang the phone on. I only plug that in if my phone needs charging when I'm out. Otherwise, it's just a handy phone hanger. Amazon link again
Last edited by Mole HD on 4th Oct 2026 10:45 am. Edited 1 time in total
You cannot create new threads in this forum You cannot reply to threads in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum