Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• forever
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Silicon Silver

Front Camers

They dont ever switch on automatically.. Here is the scenario, go into reverse rear cameras come on and the birds eye view is also shown, switch from reverse to drive and the front cameras do not go on, i just get the land rover screen saver, if I accept that and then i get the PDC up but no cameras, i have to touch the camera button on the screen.... Maybe i have not set it up correctly...

Any thoughts...
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

I am not sure that it can be done.

I would love to have the 4x4 Driver Assist view to show.
  • forever
    United Kingdom 

It just seems such a basic thing to have happen, Maybe a software update later if LR see sense Smile
  • AJRGM
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Namib Orange

Are these options only for the HSE Lux? I've yet to see the birds-eye view on my HSE... However I just assumed it would only be for the Lux.
  • forever
    United Kingdom 

Mine is a first edition, standard on that... not sure about the lux
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

AJRGM wrote:
    Are these options only for the HSE Lux? I've yet to see the birds-eye view on my HSE... However I just assumed it would only be for the Lux.

Did you spec the 360 cameras?
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Would have been alot easier just to have a button on steering wheel instead of the fiddling through the screen settings just to activate the front camera, a right royal pain to say the least, especially if your in a hurry!!

I managed to install both rear and front cameras on my car and both worked instantaneously, as soon as reverse gear was selected or 1st gear. Both cameras could be permanently switched on, but were overridden if the dvd player, Dab TV or sat nav was on, unless I physically disabled it from the menu screen - camera on/off or on autoswitch. Both cameras were on autoswitch. The joys of a £250 unit from eBay. Seems the more expensive units I have purchased seem too have less features and are locked so to speak, with minium connections at the back of the unit. Incidentally my car was a manual.

The D5 being an automatic, am not sure if that makes a difference with regards too wiring the cameras in. So I wouldnt have thought that having an auto switching feature for the front camera should be any different to the reversing camera ?? Rolling Eyes

Maybe LR were saving on an extra piece of wiring for the autoswitching?? Pay all that for a car and manually select it - seems pointless !! Shocked
  • ashields
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

It's not a lack of wiring, It's purely down to the software.

Information like speed, steering angle, selected gear and PDC information etc should all be available on the can bus, so any level of automation you can imagine based on these parameters could be achieved, the trouble is 99 percent of potential purchases wouldn't be swayed either way so why would LR take the trouble to do the development?

Most software companies welcome bug reports and suggestions from their user base. Despite the heavy reliance on computing and software on modern vehicles, car companies don't seem to be interested.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I was kidding about saving on the wiring Smile
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum