Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• arsi
    Finland 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

Speed camera alerts

How do you find the InControl Touch Pro speed camera alerts to be working?

For me it does seem to be very intermittent. For some cameras it gives an alarm well in advance (450meters), for some in less than 50m before. And most of the cameras it ignores even if they do show in the map.

Operation is intermittent but consistent. It is always the same cameras that it ignores or gives warning only when you are close to it.

With my Garmin navigator I do get consistent and reliable alerts well in advance from every speed camera.
  • Teemo
    United Kingdom 

I thought if you were following a sat nat route you got 450 yards notice but if you just had the map showing with no active route the warnings were more like 50 yards. I presumed this was to stop spurious alarms in areas with many cameras.

Last edited by Teemo on 3rd Oct 2017 8:49 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • solihull
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Corris Grey

I have the same problem. The speed camera alerts are highly unreliable, sometimes they alert at 450yds, then at 50 yds. Most often, I get an alert after the camera has passed. I complained to my dealer and they reprogrammed the infotainment system and some other bits. However, the problem remains which means you just can't rely on it Big Cry
  • davidlc
    France 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

do not cry, in france it's forbidden and we do not have the option on the ICTP... Big Cry

Regards - David
    LRD5 HSE Luxury TD6
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

not sure it works here, but then we only have 51 photo radar and red light cameras in the whole of Quebec, which is about 2.8 X the size of France Smile

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • ForlornMTL
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Firenze Red

It worked for me, came as a surprise the first time as i did not know of this feature. Heard a sound whilst on the motorway and started looking around until i saw the info on the right hand side of the SatNav.
    It was WELL before the speed camera. Second time i was practically at the speed camera when it sounded.

I have a feeling it only works if the SatNav page is up. Certainly works that way for directions, so why not for speed cameras...

This SatNav is quirky, to say the least. So many weird things have happened so far ( less than 1000 miles).

2017 HSE Luxury TD6 Dynamic Pack in Firenze Red, Ebony with Pimento Stitch.
  • Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

May well be that I do not live near any cameras! I try and avoid the big city if I can I much prefer rural routes Thumbs Up

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum