Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Have you tried the browser versions of Route Planner and Remote option?

The route planner works really well and does send the destination consistently to the car.
    You can build up a route with way points and copy and paste lat/long positions from another map such as Google Maps for really accurate positioning.
  • Chrismcnaz
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

ForlornMTL wrote:
    The delivery kid who showed me my D5 went through the apps very quickly and i never thought about taking more time with them.
    Plus, the kid didn't know the funnel in the glove box is for filling diesel up with a canister. He said it was for the AdBlue.
    And when i asked about the cruise control for off road, slow speeds. He had a blank look and shrugged, saying he had no idea what i was talking about.
    I had forgotten the ATPC term, but my explanation should have rung a bell to someone who should know the ins and outs of every JLR model as he's the one showing the customer how everything works.

From what i've experienced at the dealer, WE, the people interested in this vehicle, know more than they do.
    Heck, the sales director for the dealership does not even know that JLR have their own engine factory fabricating the Ingenium engine. When i told him he also had a blank stare.

All this to say, make a list of everything you think about wanting to verify upon delivery.
    I had mental notes but there is so much going on at delivery that i forgot a few things and it took forever to get replies from the sales director. Finally got an answer yesterday for something i brought up the day after delivery.

Wow thank you for the heads up Forlorn, I shall certainly make a list as you say and make sure that I'm happy before I leave the dealer.

I must say that I like the idea of all these instruction videos on the LR website and YouTube as I imagine the paper manual would be like War and Peace!
  • ForlornMTL
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Firenze Red

jimbg wrote:
    Have you tried the browser versions of Route Planner and Remote option?

The route planner works really well and does send the destination consistently to the car.
    You can build up a route with way points and copy and paste lat/long positions from another map such as Google Maps for really accurate positioning.

I didn't know there was a browser version.
    Do you have links ?

2017 HSE Luxury TD6 Dynamic Pack in Firenze Red, Ebony with Pimento Stitch.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 
  • ForlornMTL
    Canada 

Thank you for the links. Thumbs Up

But the incontrol remote only shows journeys. Which is nice, but that's not the issue i have with the app. I see all journeys fine.
    Unless i missed it, there is no access to the remote climate, seat folding , lock/unlock etc that's on the app.

As for the here.com link. It opens the page but then it freezes the browser page, i close it and reload it, but the here.com still doesn't respond and freezes the browser page again.
    I can click on Sign In but get an error, so the page is responding but cannot choose the boxes to enter my info.

Is anyone else having this issue on an iPad ?

Can we use Topix ?
    Seems like you need to login to get access to documents and also seems like it's reserved to mechanics. Although i didn't look around much on there.

Online service history will not accept my login info. Is it the same as the incontrol login info ?

Maybe it's just me being a knobhead on a saturday morning. Laughing

• ForlornMTL
    Canada 

Well, both iPad and iPhone do not respond to the here.com website.

I was able to log on from my macbook, but the system still thinks my D5 is on the motorway, parked there.

• jimbg
    United Kingdom 

The Remote browser page is of limited use, apart from being able to export your journeys.

The Here page is great ( if you can get it to work! ), it is the only way I know to download your map updates so worth persevering with.

Not sure they it needs a different registration or not, it is a while since I set my D5 up.

I went on a 3 week trip in France last month and set up around 20 destinations before we left via he browser page, so it does work very well.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

ForlornMTL wrote:
    Thank you for the links. Thumbs Up

Can we use Topix ?
    Seems like you need to login to get access to documents and also seems like it's reserved to mechanics. Although i didn't look around much on there.

. Laughing

You can register on Topix and enter your VIN as a favorite, it will then show any recalls and you can browse the bulletins.

You can only see the titles of bulletins but it gives you a chance to see if any problems you have are known about.
  • ForlornMTL
    Canada 

Thumbs Up

• mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

I have tried using the Route App, it works fine on the phone but has only once sunc'd with the car and that was 10 miles into the journey from home. Not sure if there was something I was supposed to have done to make it work more consistently so gave up.

Last time I told me I was still walking to the car, yet we had driven down the road....

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

I much prefer the web based route planner, works very well.
  • danr123
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Lux Firenze Red

Anyone else having trouble with the android version of Route app. It wont let me log in at all.

Remote works fine but the journeys are shown as straight lines. According to Remote I drove through a lot of peoples gardens and a river yesterday Very Happy
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Thats great putting the car through its paces as thats what its meant for, transversing rivers.
    I just hope you have the wade sensing app ?? Rolling with laughter

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Simon S
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

No iGuide for 2019MY?? When I download the app and it asks which model year I have 2019 isn't an option Sad

Simon S
    3.0 HSE SDV6 Commercial in Carpathian Grey
  • Labbix

Strange indeed, today downloaded the update for IPhone, and could only choose between 2017-2018, no 2019 yet
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum