Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Sw1gs
    Scotland 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Kaikoura Stone

MY 2018 on website - digital dash?

Hi All, just looking at LR website and was reading on Discovery pages and it looks as if some of the pictures relates to MY 18. If you look at bottom right picture on the attachment, to me, this is completely different from the car I test drove and what I've seen elsewhere. Now have a dilemma - my car is still on order with build date of first week in Oct. so do I cancel (not sure if I lose the deposit), ask to delay build or just go with the current - can't tell if the price has increased as the configurator is still set to MY 17 from the pictures! Any advice?
  • J77
    Scotland 

Digital dash and 2.0 300hp Si4 petrol now added.

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • Disco John
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Farallon Black

Re: MY 2018 on website - digital dash?

Sw1gs wrote:

Hi All, just looking at LR website and was reading on Discovery pages and it looks as if some of the pictures relates to MY 18. If you look at bottom right picture on the attachment, to me, this is completely different from the car I test drove and what I've seen elsewhere. Now have a dilemma - my car is still on order with build date of first week in Oct. so do I cancel (not sure if I lose the deposit), ask to delay build or just go with the current - can't tell if the price has increased as the configurator is still set to MY 17 from the pictures! Any advice?

Hi I am in the same boat, due out of build in the next week or two. What engine have you ordered? I am less concerned with missing out on the digital dash and more worried about the oil dilution issues with the 3.0L diesel. I am thinking I will cancel my order on Monday and see if the new MY brings any solutions. If the dealer kicks up about the deposit I will quote the LR literature admitting to the problem and I'm pretty sure my deposit will be returned - or at least held over for any new order when the full details of the MY18 are available. You are probably right to worry about the price though, I can't see it going down!
  • J77
    Scotland 

Deposits are refundable or transferable. They are with my dealer anyway.

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • Disco John
    United Kingdom 

If you look on the Discovery web site, the 'Overview' section seems to have been updated with MY18 stuff. Seems like all models now get the 10" touchscreen, as J77 said, digital dash on HSE up and a new petrol engine, oh and a minimum £2k price uplift!
  • Arslanoff
    Czech Republic 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

can you please provide a link. Can not find it
  • Disco John
    United Kingdom 

Try this: https://www.landrover.co.uk/vehicles/discovery/hse/index.html

If you go to the main LR site, select Discovery and then hit the overview tab, initially it shows the old site but if you select a model type (eg. SE; HSE etc) then it shows what must be the MY18 features including the new Petrol 2.0L engine.
  • Chrismcnaz
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

How exciting! I ordered my HSE Lux last week for planned delivery in Jan and this is the first I have heard of a digital dash upgrade. The salesman didnt mention it after my test drive or when going through and speccing up the car.

I must admit that i was surprised when I first saw a D5 in the flesh that the dash wasnt fully digital.
  • Chrismcnaz
    United Kingdom 

Following on from my post above, I called the dealer for a progress update and the car is still sitting in the build pool at present and hasn't been called forward to a build slot. Mine is definitely a MY18 at the the price ordered and the salesman had no idea about a TFT dash, even after I mention the pics on the LR website.
  • Jjyoungjsy
    Jersey 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Great video showing the new digital dash....

Santorini Black HSE Lux Si6 with Black Pack, HUD, TV, Park Assist & 22"
  • Chrismcnaz
    United Kingdom 

Thumbs Up Razz
  • Rodisco5
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

Digital dash

I found this page while searching the discovery 5 pages it shows and list the options avaiable on the digital dash. I hope I am not retelling an historic story.

https://www.landrover.co.uk/vehicles/disco...TWEALw_wcB

Just tried it and it’s not there, the next time it is oh dear, even the web site is not simple.

Just found it, the words”INTERACTIVE DRIVER DISPLAY

The 12.3" high-definition Interactive Driver Display can receive and project driving information, entertainment and active safety data including navigation, phone and media. Optional on S and SE. Standard on HSE and HSE Luxury.
    EXPLORE TECHNOLOGIES

I ordered a 5 a month ago, I have a build slot that exp3cts delivery to dealer mid January.

Rodneylambert
  • Jjyoungjsy
    Jersey 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I ordered an HSE Lux Si6 in September. Just been given a build slot of 22 Dec.

Santorini Black HSE Lux Si6 with Black Pack, HUD, TV, Park Assist & 22"
  • SHARKYSHARKS
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I ordered 3.0 litre TD6 HSE Lux mid October build date 9 Dec for late December delivery Mr. Green
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Are you guys getting a MY18?
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum