Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• APCo
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Blimey, it is the car of choice for Great Danes. Actually the initial reason we decided to buy one!
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

In my D4 I have the LR semi-rigid Loadspace liner tray which is great for when we've been to the beach with the dogs. I've not had a partition between the rear and the second row of seats as mine is a 7 seater and I thought it be too much hassle fitting and removing it.

The D5 on order is a 5 seater so I am looking to fit the LR loadspace partition and either the rubber mat (VPLRS0375) or loadspace liner tray (VPLRS0386). The rubber mat I believe is compatible with the partition, but does anyone know if the liner tray is?

At the moment we've got 2 Golden Retrievers which should be fine in the rear of the D5, we had 3 in the back of the D4 quite comfortably but we would be looking at getting a 3rd dog again. Would 3 dogs that size not fit in the D5? I should have taken 3 to the dealer and checked before placing the order...

Ron
  • Dirty Trucker
    England 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

Just had this made for our terriers

• APCo
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

The load space is bigger than the D4, just less cubic in shape. We have a Great Dane, a Jack Russel and a French Bulldog (Don't ask!) and they rattle around in the back, even with some luggage. Unless you have enormous Golden Retrievers that hate each other, then you should have no trouble with three.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Thanks, that's good to know.

Ron
  • Craigp
    England 

Dirty Trucker wrote:
    Just had this made for our terriers

You put them in drawers Shocked
  • Dirty Trucker
    England 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

No not always,sometimes we put them in the cage Dog Dog Dog
  • Arslanoff
    Czech Republic 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Very impressive cage, the professional grade, like those from police cars from K9.

Land Rover Discovery 5 HSE Luxury Td6 in Carpathian Grey
  • JamesHaddow
    United Kingdom 

Dog travel

[img][/img]I’m interested to note the comments. I have a D5 on order but currently have a D4 and use the Travall dog guard and divider. They do a set which includes the rubber mat, but at the moment constantly seems to be out of stock. Not sure if i will go for this or the Guardsman, I suspect whichever is available. We need something to ensure easy travel as we have with the D4[/img]

Tried to upload photos but must be doing something wrong[img][/img]
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Hi James,

To add a photo, click on "choose photo" first and select which image. Then click the "Upload" button - the images appear below this line:

The final step is to click on the image to insert it in your message. I see the IMG tags in your message, maybe the "upload" bit was missed?

As for the dog guard, I'm probably going the LR full height one. I have one of the semi hard plastic trays in my D4, while it does an excellent job keeping the back clean - the dogs do slide around on it. I'll go for a rubber mat this time, I believe it has lips around the edge so should keep water on the mat.

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • JamesHaddow
    United Kingdom 

[img]trying again[/img]
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Thumbs Up

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

A word of warning to those with gesture tailgate ...I was filling the motor up with diesel on a garage forecourt when all of a sudden the tailgate opened... I guess I stepped a bit too close to the sensor ...if my boy hadn't been in a cage he would have been gone Sad
  • piggy36
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Namib Orange

DOG CARRIER

WE HAVE THE D5 AND HAVE A CANVAS CRATE FOR OUR LABRADOR IN THE BOOT. IT WAS ABOUT £35 FROM EBAY AND HE LOVES IT. HE WILL TRAVEL THE WHEELS OFF THE CAR IN THAT BUT HATES BEEN OUTSIDE IT IN ANY CAR.
    IT TAKES UP HALF THE BOOT BUT WE STILL HAVE PLENTY OF ROOM FOR THE REST OF THE RUBBISH WE FILL IT WITH OR SHOPPING. Laughing
    PHOTOS ATTACHED.
  • Arslanoff
    Czech Republic 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Land Rover has announced a line of pet accessories built especially for its vehicles.
    The Pet Load Space Protection pack includes a spill-resistant water bowl, a full-height luggage partition, and a quilted load space liner that protects the floor, rear seatbacks, and side walls from paw prints.
    The Pet Car and Access Pack bundles together the quilted load space liner, luggage partition, and a ramp that helps dogs get into the load area. Also included in this package is a portable rinse system for washing off those paws after a day outdoors. It holds up to 1.7 gallons of water, which Land Rover says should be enough for a five-minute shower.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Land Rover Discovery 5 HSE Luxury Td6 in Carpathian Grey
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum