Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Andy3445
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Incontrol Account Add Another Person?

Trying to add another car user to the Incontrol account, went to VEHICLE and MANAGE USERS to send link to new user, opened link and it asked to add vehicle but when I entered VIN it said already registered.

Any ideas how to add another user to the account so they can use the apps
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Hi Andy, am sure there was a post way back with regards too this issue. Seems like Vardys may have registered it already. Maybe worth giving them a bell. Thumbs Up
  • Andy3445
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Its official, asked the question on Land Rover help about adding another person to the car

Thank you for your email and apologies for the delayed response.

I wish to clarify that you are unable to register more than one email address to an InControl account or vehicle unfortunately, hence you have not been successful - the only option is to give your wife your log in details should you want her to have access.

If you require assistance with anything else, please do not hesitate to ask.

Not that it really matters though, but wouldn't it be good to be able to add another person to the inControl account instead of sharing an account
  • Craigp
    England 

Sorry cant see why your wife would need the information supplied by incontrol other than to know your location so she can have your tea on the table when you return. Laughing Laughing

Joking aside i have the hive system and thats the same only 1 account. Poor.
  • Chrismcnaz
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

Andy3445 wrote:
    Its official, asked the question on Land Rover help about adding another person to the car

Thank you for your email and apologies for the delayed response.

I wish to clarify that you are unable to register more than one email address to an InControl account or vehicle unfortunately, hence you have not been successful - the only option is to give your wife your log in details should you want her to have access.

If you require assistance with anything else, please do not hesitate to ask.

Not that it really matters though, but wouldn't it be good to be able to add another person to the inControl account instead of sharing an account

I wonder what the small print says about account security? Usually things like this state that you shouldnt share account details and that if you do and it gets hacjked then it's your fault. Just a thought Whistle
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

i guess that those who have incontrol apps are better off creating a 'family' email address and using that for this kind of stuff Smile

18MY All-new Discovery HSE SD4 Loire Blue & Black Pack
  • J77
    Scotland 

Someone done it over on Disco4 with his Disco Sport, he done it from a PC and went to invite a user and then they can get password/email to use the same account.

18MY Velar R-Dynamic SE D240 Fuji White
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

You can do it from the My InControl web site.

https://incontrol.landrover.com

Vehicle Settings > Manage Users

Desktop, tablet or mobile:

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum