Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Thank's Jim

Just ordered one Thumbs Up

See how long it last's, streaming video's on You-Tube etc, must be data hungry, Whil'st we are talking Tech,

Embarassed

What are all the HDMI Ports for ?
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Not sure about HDMI's, but I guess it is to display video on the screen?

When you SIM run's out, just thow it away and buy a new one, far cheaper than topping up!
  • jukn
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Kaikoura Stone

don't understand the data usage

I have a 12gb sim in my car which I thought I was using for the first time by logging into live to get real time traffic updates on the sat nav while away for 3 days. If I dont' log into live the sat nav says I wont' get accurate information. On the second day it came up saying 90% of data used switch off data, which I did.

I don't connect to the internet for anything or music streaming etc, so I am at a loss as to why this would eat up the data so quickly. What am i doing wrong?
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

There is a setting for a monthly usage limit, you are probably at 90% of that?
  • jukn
    United Kingdom 

if that's the case how do I find the monthly limit to see / change please?
    I checked connectivity and both hotspot and wifi were switched on which I have switched off, these must have been on when I got the car as I've never changed them. Would that account for the usage?
  • jukn
    United Kingdom 

have now found the monthly data limit which was set at 100mb which I think explains it. Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction. Landrover dealer never mentioned that!
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Ha! Ha!
    Glad it is sorted, there are lots of things the dealer foregets to mention or more likely does not know.

My 12GB sim lasted the full year without running out and have just bought a new one.
  • TazDaz
    England 
    2018 Discovery Si4 HSE Fuji White

Anyone used EE data sim?

I see EE PAYG 4G SIM Card Preloaded 12GB of Data for £24.99 at mymemory.

I presume this will cover a years use of maps etc.
    I have no idea of the D5 usage.
    Would just be me & SWMBO doing old fart stuff like maps and FB Rolling with laughter
  • Down & Dirty
    United Kingdom 

I had one of the EE cards but it was only for “use up”or 3 months which ever came first Thumbs Up
    Now using a 24 month 3 data card think from memory it was £45.00
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Apparently, the new D5s come with a SIM that allows 500MB per month for 3 years. Is that likely to be enough or will I need to top up?

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

That should be enough for live traffic.
  • CEEGEE
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Very useful thread Very Happy

After a bit of my own research, I also bought the Three 12gb SIM and cheaper at MyMemory than off the Three website - with a 5% discount code paid £26.60 Thumbs Up

Will follow advice elsewhere on this thread re monthly data limit, etc Thumbs Up
  • maxmax
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Loire Blue

Just put in a 25GB sim from Vodafone for £25 - not sure best value, but I was there. Interestingly, given that lots of folks here talk about the data lasting a long time, something to be aware of about Vodafone is that their pre-pay SIMs last only 3 months - so if I stick with it, it's £100 per year. They also had 5GB for £18.

Setup was dead simple... lift cubby lid and insert SIM, then go to Connectivity menu and turn on Mobile Data... 10 seconds later done and satellite maps etc. zooming in.

HSE Lux MY17 in Loire Blue with deployable tow bar, activity key and cubby fridge. (And Apple CarPlay and Android Auto)
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

the one from Three lasts a year and is around £25.
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

At least we get a choice here as to which supplier we use for our connectivity.

My son has just bought himself one of the new model Mercedes A-Class cars, fantastic technology onboard, including augmented sat nav and a voice control system that learns as it goes - However their connectivity is only through a built in Vodafone sim! It's not replaceable, so you can only use Vodafone, and the tariffs aren't particularly wonderful either!

1 day - 1GB - £5
    1 Month - 1GB - £10
    1 Month - 10GB - £20
    1 Year - 50GB - £100

So well done to Land Rover for not tying us down! Doesn't seem to be a great deal to thank Land Rover for these days, what with the oil dilution problem and the phase 4 upgrade issues, so credit where credit is due!

MY18 Corris Grey HSE Lux TDV6
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum