Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• jungle42
    Luxembourg 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

6 red dots

Hi, does anyone know the meaning of these 6 red LEDs between the rear mirror and the sunroof? Is it a reminder to close the sunroof when turning off the engine?
  • Jacko
    Australia 

Its the RF for the Tv's in the head rests. If you have that option..
    Sorry to be more clear its what you point the remote at when changing stuff on the TV's in the headrests.

Why the F$%K they didn't have touch screen in this day n age is beyond me.
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

I thought they were touchscreen ? Maybe not, And is it for audio not visual ?

2017 MY D5 HSE 3.0 Td6 Corris Grey, Side steps, roof rails,
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

Listed as a "Headphone Transmitter"

Quote:
    The headphone transmitter is located in the front overhead console assembly.
    The headphone transmitter transmits audio output for reception by the wireless
    headphones for the front passenger.

NOTE:
    Vehicles not fitted with a dual view Touch Screen (TS) are not supplied with
    headphones for the front seat passenger.

On vehicles with Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE), the audio output from the headphone
    transmitter can be received by wireless headphones for the front passenger and rear
    seat passengers.

The headphone transmitter is connected to the Audio Amplifier Module (AAM) via a Low
    Voltage Differential Signal (LVDS) plug connector. Audio data is relayed to the
    headphone transmitter from the AAM via the LVDS line. The AAM also supplies the
    power and ground for the headphones transmitter.

The audio signal is passed to the wireless headphones via a Whitefire® digital infra-red
    signal to any seating position within the interior of the vehicle. The digital signal means
    that each headphone user is able to listen to a different audio source.
    The headphone system includes Dolby® headphone surround sound when listening to
    the DVD source.

The system can support up to three pairs of wireless headphones. When a dual-view
    screen is fitted, the front passenger can listen to audio/TV/Digital Versatile Disc (DVD).
    When RSE is fitted, rear seat passengers can listen to the selected source on RSE
    screen, in addition to the output from the audio system. The wireless headphones have
    an adjustable headband which operates on a ratchet mechanism.

The left side and the right side of the wireless headphone houses the infra-red receiver
    sensors which receive the transmitted signals from the headphones transmitter. Two
    AAA batteries are located below a sliding cover. When inserting the batteries it is
    important that the battery polarity is observed as marked in the battery compartment.
    The right side of the wireless headphone houses a volume control, a channel switch
    and a power 'ON' Light Emitting Diode (LED). The channel switch allows the user to
    select alternative audio channels (rear left/right, dual-view audio source) when active.
    The power 'ON' LED is illuminated when the on/off switch on the right side of the
    wireless headphone is operated. The LED will remain on and the wireless headphones

NOTE:
    Providing an audio source is directed to the headphones transmitter, faint red
    lights can be seen behind the smoked glass cover of the transmitter. This can
    be useful for diagnosis to prove audio infra-red transmission is active.

NOTE:
    There is no docking station to store the wireless headphones, therefore charging
    of the batteries is not supported via the vehicle electrical system.
    powered until the switch is operated for a second time. If the wireless headphones
    have not received an infra-red signal from the headphones transmitter for several
    minutes, they will automatically switch off to prevent battery drain.

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

That makes sense as i only got 2 pairs of headphones with the FE, as never had the TV or dual view screen.

However ticked the boxes for TV and dual view on the car this time, hence the extra pair for front passenger which i correctly assummed.

Mind you i suppose the 3rd set could still be used in the rear seats or even the furthest 2 rear seats ??

Still not had time too check them out though but will do over the weekend Smile
  • jungle42
    Luxembourg 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Thank you for this clarification:) I have dual view and one pair of headphones (i don‘t have RSE).
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum