Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Blackfly
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Indus Silver

Road Trip Labrador

Started a road trip on Monday. More to follow but after two days have arrived In Labrador

hazards in Quebec, luckily avoided them all

F50, Fourtack, LR3 and now..............D5 HSE TDV6
  • Craigp
    England 

Thought it was another thread on dog cages Laughing
  • Blackfly
    Canada 

Two great breeds from these parts, the Lab and the Newfoundland, huge friendly slobbering fur balls lol

Have to say the D5 is anything but a dog, a nice place to be in on this road

• ForlornMTL
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Firenze Red

Nice !
    The scenery must be marvelous up there.
    The furthest i've been that way was a bit passed Tadoussac when i was much younger and not driving, on a family trip.

2017 HSE Luxury TD6 Dynamic Pack in Firenze Red, Ebony with Pimento Stitch.
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Opps, read the posts title and thought it was something to do with a dogs long trip!

How common am I!?

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

MY18 Corris Grey HSE Lux TDV6
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 
    2018 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Rolling with laughter

Last edited by Road Runner 2017 on 20th Jun 2018 4:08 pm. Edited 2 times in total

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

ROFLMAO so did i.

1 man and his dog Rolling with laughter

MY17 First Edition - 3L Diesel Td6 - Farallon Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips.
    MY18 Hse Luxury - 3L Petrol Si6 Supercharged - Santorini Black - Roof rails,side steps,tints,tow bar,mudflaps,door strips,22's,dynamic pack 1,bonnet vents,t.v,dual view,frontcooler,360°camera,rear cooler/warmer,roof vane,black LR badges,wade sensing,door sill plates,boot liner, solar screen,wind deflectors,service plan,tracker,speed camera detector,dual dash cameras,ceramic coating.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Nova Scotia is beautiful, enjoy Thumbs Up

Keep the photos coming.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Blackfly wrote:
    Two great breeds from these parts, the Lab and the Newfoundland, huge friendly slobbering fur balls lol

Have to say the D5 is anything but a dog, a nice place to be in on this road

Have you got 2 spares tyres, or have you removed it from underneath the car for easier access in an emergency?

• Blackfly
    Canada 

Space saver in the normal place, tyre only on the roof, figured I can get a tyre changed but the size is not common so should save time! So far so good have not needed to use it

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Ah ok - makes sense now if an odd size- (width wise or rim size - 21's) ?

Am looking for a space saver 22 inch but not having any luck so far.

• Blackfly
    Canada 

No it’s a 20, but very unlikely I could source one up here in a hurry

• Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

Ok i assummed that 20's would be a run of the mill tyre size.in Canada, but out in the middle of nowhere i know what you mean Laughing

• DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Road Runner 2017 wrote:

Have you got 2 spares tyres, or have you removed it from underneath the car for easier access in an emergency?

I don't think placing a 35lb+ wheel and tire assembly on the roof is "easier" to retrieve than turning a crank 100 times to lower it from under the rear end...?

I would say that it would be smarter if they left a small removable section in the load floor above the winch so that you could get to it without emptying your cargo area, but absent that, I don't think I would want to have to lift a heavy wheel and tire over my head or while balanced on the wheel and door sill....
  • Road Runner 2017
    Scotland 

I think its only the tyre, minus the rim.
    Had too read the post again, as was thinking the same with regards too lifting the whole wheel up onto the roof Smile

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum