Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• jimbg
    United Kingdom 

360 PDC overriding Camera view

I have disabled in the settings Auto 360 PDC but on a regular basis it pops up when I select reverse.

I have recorded these 2 videos to show you what I mean. I did not move between the 2 recordings.

Correct display:- &feature=youtu.be

Wrong display:- &feature=youtu.be

Has anyone else seen this?
  • Labbix

Yep, I have the same, since I got the car...
  • Big Al
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Yes I have the same, it drives me insane.
    When I select reverse it can’t be rocket science to reliably switch to the rear view camera.
  • NicSymonds
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I get this as well, it started happening after the last update and it's really annoying.
    If it pops up, I have to put it in to Neutral, then back in Reverse to get the rear camera to show.

2017 HSE Luxury
    (2012 D4 HSE, 2006 D3 SE, 2001 D2 ES)
  • AndrewS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery SDV6 HSE Silicon Silver

Thats slow to respond as well, my camera view is instant when I select reverse.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Big Al wrote:
    Yes I have the same, it drives me insane.
    When I select reverse it can’t be rocket science to reliably switch to the rear view camera.

You’d think they design a forced override of whatever is on the screen whenever R is selected to show the feed from the camera.

Mines near instant since a software update but does fail to appear on the odd occasion (normally when sing multiple R and D selection) and have to tap the camera icon.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

So... here's what I find

If I'm parked and there's nothing within distance of the PDC sensors ...then when I put it into reverse the rear camera and 360 camera comes on every time without fail.

If I try a three point turn say and there are hedges nearby the PDC will obviously pick them up and when I then place it in reverse, the cameras do not always come on and the PDC screen is displayed with the distance graphics.

It seems to me that there is a conflict between selecting reverse and the system wanting to show you the cameras Vs if something is activating the PDC sensor.

Whether or not this is a glitch ...or the system showing you what it feels is the most important graphic at the time is difficult to establish. Confused
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

I agree that there is conflict with the 2 systems. To try and stop the 360 PDC popping up I turned off Auto 360 PDC but the wretched thing still appears.
  • davidls
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Carpathian Grey

My PDC would let me drive into a wall, if I pull onto someone’s drive and head towards the house wall it doesn’t switch on the sensors and I have to do it manually to find i’m Only 4” from the wall!
  • DG
    United Kingdom 

AFAIR You have to set the front one's to 'Auto' for them to detect anything
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

So we want Auto PDC, but only to work in Drive?
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

DG wrote:
    It seems to me that there is a conflict between selecting reverse and the system wanting to show you the cameras Vs if something is activating the PDC sensor.

Whether or not this is a glitch ...or the system showing you what it feels is the most important graphic at the time is difficult to establish. Confused

I think you nailed it Rich. The screen indeed displays the PDC panel and the tapping the camera icon switches to camera view.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Rockcypher
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Waitomo Grey

Going in for trucks first service next week, in speaking with Service Manager and mentioning this same issue, he thought there has been a software update issued. It’s annoying as hell and dangerous, if they don’t get it addressed, I intend to file a complaint with the National Transportation Safety Board here in the States, which forces auto recalls.

2000 D2 (sold), 2004 D2 (sold), 2005 LR3 (Lives in CO), 2005 RR (sold), 2010 LR4 (sold), 2012 RR (sold), 2014 RR (sold), 2017 D5
  • DG
    United Kingdom 

It's not dangerous as the systems are aids and not a substitute for eyes Wink
  • Rockcypher
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Waitomo Grey

When you have a bike rack loaded, it’s dangerous. Otherwise you have to exit the vehicle to check your clearance Confused

2000 D2 (sold), 2004 D2 (sold), 2005 LR3 (Lives in CO), 2005 RR (sold), 2010 LR4 (sold), 2012 RR (sold), 2014 RR (sold), 2017 D5
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum