Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Jay
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Internet access stopped

Hi all.

Although the SIM card is insterted and it is showing a good signal I cannot get internet access. For example the weather will not shows and says cannot connect.
    I have checked and I have not got the monthly limit on.
    Any ideas?

Thanks
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Oh dear, that sounds just like the problem I have.

Have you checked all your Live apps in the car to see if any connect? Also if you plot a journey on Sat Nav, when it calculates, does it say its using 'offline' maps? Lastly when you are in Sat Nav, has it logged your profile out? If so, can you re-login?

If all of your attempts are negative, then you have the same issue as I have, namely that your InControl profile is corrupt. I've been told the only way to sort this out is to update to Phase 4 (Which my car should be having on the 27th).

MY18 Corris Grey HSE Lux TDV6
  • Jay
    United Kingdom 

Nothing will connect so a chat with the dealer and the phase 4 update seems to be required.
    Thanks for the info.
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 

No Problem,

I was told that slowly everyone not on Phase 4 will be affected because the base station (thats the servers that our vehicles connect to), are slowly all being upgraded to only support Phase 4 cars. Not sure thats totally correct, but could be a big problem.

• simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Are you still signed into Live ?

Mine logs out randomly (still does with Phase 4) and things like weather, news, traffic etc are all then disabled.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 

I can't log in at all. No idea when it started to happen, but I just get the error saying 'Cannot Connect'

When I try and connect to InControl on Sat Nav, I also get this:

• winger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

rogersmj wrote:
    I was told that slowly everyone not on Phase 4 will be affected because the base station (thats the servers that our vehicles connect to), are slowly all being upgraded to only support Phase 4 cars. Not sure thats totally correct, but could be a big problem.

I find that hard to believe, as the Phase 4 update is really on dealing with bug fixes and a UI update. Also, if that were the case, LR would be needing to make that known to owners, which is done via a letter that is sent from dealers.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

rogersmj wrote:
    I can't log in at all. No idea when it started to happen, but I just get the error saying 'Cannot Connect'

When I try and connect to InControl on Sat Nav, I also get this:

Give LRCS a call. Also your dealer. Mine logged me out of the Sat Nav today and I got a similar message. Tried again and it worked. Good job as my holiday house rental house was in favourites and we’d have been Censored if we couldn’t use the Nav to get back !!

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

I had exactly the same issue card was still showing data available but after lots of messing and visits to dealer I brought a new sim and Hay Presto all good
    For the sake of a few quid I would get one and try it

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 

LRCS are the ones who i've initially been talking to and they were the ones who told me about the Phase 4 update to fix it.

I am going to get a new sim, as I did get intermittent problems with the current one and had to keep pulling it out and putting it back in.

Would rather not have to go through the pain of Phase 4 unless I really have to.

• Russell
    United Kingdom 

Been advised by my dealer to steer clear of update 4 and wait as there is a newer update on the way

Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • rogersmj
    United Kingdom 

Well new sim ordered, hopefully you are right Russell and this will fix it. Then I won't be going for Phase 4 either!

• Russell
    United Kingdom 

Fingers crossed and pleas report back

• simonh
    United Kingdom 

Russell wrote:
    Been advised by my dealer to steer clear of update 4 and wait as there is a newer update on the way

I think I was the first at my dealer. It’s certainly better than Phase 3 in some respects but still buggy and crashes.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • Jay
    United Kingdom 

Well car is currently with the dealers to have the internet access issue fixed.
    Had a call from them today saying they have done the phase 4 update but the internet is still not working, so will probably have the car into next week.

Seems such a stupid issue to have, but it meant to have it and it should work, will see how long I am having to drive round in a Range Rover Evoke.. Big Cry
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum