Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Arslanoff
    Czech Republic 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

How to lock the car with engine running

Had to leave a dog in the car on the petrol station as went inside. Wanted the engine to continue running because of the conditioner. Did not managed to lock the car both with keyless access and key fob. It rejected to do anything. The only way I managed to lock it is to open the driver window, lock it with the lock button on the door and close the window also with the door button. Afterwards the car opens with keyless access as normal.
    But is there any way to lock it normally?

Land Rover Discovery 5 HSE Luxury Td6 in Carpathian Grey
  • Labbix

Is this not the normal way Wink Would be interested to know a solution as well, but to be honest my Audi and VW have the same settings/issue. Only with my Ford Galaxy (MY16) it was possible, so it can’t be because of legislation.
  • Big Al
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

How about stop the car,
    Lock it then stRt it using the remote app, setting the preheat to a low temperature.
    I believe that it’ll run for 30 mns that way.
  • Arslanoff
    Czech Republic 

My friends Audi Q7 (2017) locks without any problem both keyless and with key fob with the engine running (but he has a Rus market car) checked also my wife's VW Sharan, it does not lock the doors.

• Labbix

Good to know, I will bring a visit to the local Audi dealer and ask him. For the disco5: I have a MY18 HSE lux, but no internet connectivity (not allowed by JLR in the Balkans, no idea why and still in discussion with Frankfurt), so no remote app...
  • Arslanoff
    Czech Republic 

I can not start the engine with a remote, only preheater and it only makes hot air when outside is cold or ventilates the car with outside air when it is hot, but A/C is off so makes no sense

• Arslanoff
    Czech Republic 

My remote app looks like that and it starts the preheater only

• simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Weird. Mine allows any temp to be set including Low for max cooling. Used this a lot in the recent heat wave and on holiday in France.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • achichon
    Gibraltar 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Loire Blue

Labbix wrote:
    Good to know, I will bring a visit to the local Audi dealer and ask him. For the disco5: I have a MY18 HSE lux, but no internet connectivity (not allowed by JLR in the Balkans, no idea why and still in discussion with Frankfurt), so no remote app...

we have the same issue in Gibraltar, let me know if they give you a valid reason to not having internet on your car. cos i've been trying too with no luck. i don't even have the slot for the 4G sim Mad Mad

18MY All-new Discovery HSE SD4 Loire Blue & Black Pack
  • Labbix

I will keep you posted, I have no sim slot neither, problem for the dealer here is: in my email order to him I mentioned what I needed (including internet connection and WiFi, even showed them on my other car where I have it). Written answer back was they could provide it, but no ‘smartphone package’, so no Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, which was ok for me. They even advertise all the connection stuff on their TV’s in the showroom, but are not given it by JLR, or the importer...
  • Big Al
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

I just tried starting the car, and it’s approx 19C outside, setting the temp to LO (16C) and it’s started fine, and the cars happily running and locked outside.

• Arslanoff
    Czech Republic 

Lucky you. I don't have even a remaining timer

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum