Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• sbrown
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Carpathian Grey

Had mine updated on Friday. All successful and working nicely with Apple CarPlay, also has Android Auto on it but haven't tried it as don't have any Android phones in our household.

For reference:

MY18 HSE with digital dash.
  • ukms
    United Arab Emirates 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Just had mine updated here in Dubai.

I’m very very happy indeed now that I have ACP. I have only used it for a couple of hours but so far so good. All the apps that I use seem to work well. Google maps, Waze, Apple Music, Tune In radio and of course the phone.

Both Waze and Google look pretty cool on the display, they are obviously different but retain all the functionality that I need. The LR nav here in the Middle East is awful. I use Apple Music exclusively so this upgrade means I’m no longer fiddling with my phone to select music.

I’ve been happy with my D5 in the terrain and harsh environment that the weather can offer here and I’ve had no major issues but the infotainment was always a little disappointing which is now solved.

If it helps anyone I’m using an iPhone XS running 12.1, my D5 is MY17 HSE Lux (GCC Spec) and the upgrade is to S18C_18.37.1-2222737

Just to add l don’t possess an Android device to test AA.

Last edited by ukms on 12th Nov 2018 7:55 pm. Edited 2 times in total
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

DG wrote:
    Like a dream ...seems even more responsive. Still playing Cool

Are you using Android Auto or ACP?

Would love to see a pic of AA - mine goes in Friday.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

Wasn't that obvious from the post?

Edit: Never mind. It's still early, I see you referred to DG's post now.

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • samyil
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Carpathian Grey

I've got android auto now working. I don't have full screen, are there any setting for this. Just seen the Apple carplay vid, it's full screen.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Enable the developer mode.

https://9to5google.com/2018/01/12/how-to-e...id-basics/

Then in the settings you can force 720 or 1080 mode.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

@samyil if you get the developer mode and forced screen size to work without clipping, can you post some before/after pics? I'm getting mine installed Friday.

I think Android Auto is going to have to end up offering a "native" display mode like Apple CarPlay. I suspect forcing 1080 will end up clipping the top and bottom since the ICTP screen is 16:9-ish rather than 4:3.
  • lemme
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Lux Loire Blue

i've had my HSE Lux (MY18) upgraded to S18C_18.37.1-2222737 ... yet still no Apple Car Play. Any ideas? Is the Smartphone Pack automatically enabled when the S18C_18.37.1-2222737 image is downloaded.... or is this separate ask?

MY18 HSE Lux Loire Blue with Black Pack
    [most options ticked apart from HUD & Fridge)
  • ukms
    United Arab Emirates 

From what I understood from my dealer it was a 2 step process .... the smartphone activation being the second step.

When you say you have no ACP, I don’t think anything is obvious until you plug the phone in to USB and leave it for a few seconds ACP then kicks in.
  • lemme
    United Kingdom 

i think my dealer missed the second step... if i connect my iPhone... InConnect App prompt appears... no Apple Car Play Sad

• ukms
    United Arab Emirates 

Sounds very much like it ! .... it does seem to be very inconsistent across dealerships with the level of knowledge etc. The technician that took care of mine was top notch and seemed to know everything inside out and was very informative.
  • lemme
    United Kingdom 

perhaps not even consistent within a dealer... DG took his to the same dealer as i did, and by all accounts, has had no issues.

• SRM
    Norway 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

Apple CarPlay in Norway

Is the Phase4 18c w/Carplay available in Norway? Has anybody done this? My dealer doesn’t know anything about the “CarPlay/smartphone pack”........

Are there any criteria for the update. I’ve got the 2017 disco5 HSE lux, no sim/WiFi/app.
  • Andy3445
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

ACP Update Done

Asked the dealer to install the 18C update during 1st service, they needed it for 2 days to complete the work, however it was complete by 10am on day 2. Shocked

On picking her up I asked if the ACP update had been done only to be told it had to go back for activation as they had problems. Anyway, got in, switched on, fiddled with the screen and hey presto, ACP option was there, plugged phone in, selected ACP from the message pop-up and it all worked, so it looks like the dealer did not check or did not know Whistle

Thanks to all who posted about ACP Bow down I somehow think that the dealer would have failed to mention the update was available, long live DISCO5.CO.UK Thumbs Up

• ken
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Montalcino Red

Well mines in its a transformation

Did notice though that when the nav lowers the music to speak only the green volume works going after

This morning I BT the phone started Spotify then got Waze working via and everything perfect

So only time will tell but its way better than In not Control already Razz
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum