Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• TazDaz
    England 
    2018 Discovery Si4 HSE Fuji White

Courtesy Vehicle

Have you ever been charged for a Courtesy Vehicle?

Just had a loaner from Lookers and they charged me £15 + VAT per day for a warranty issue. Big Cry
    Thieving Censored didn't even tell me beforehand about the charge!
    Is this normal these days?

I always used Beadles of Sidcup for my D3 and was never ever charged for a loaner

(I was going to make this a poll but can't get the hang of it - getting too old now) Embarassed

MY18 Fuji White with Black Pack HSE Si4 2litre >>>PETROL<<< 300bhp
  • DSL
    United Kingdom 

Hope you told them to charge LR or get stuffed, especially as the hadn’t advised you of it ahead of time. Thumbs Up
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Yes, up to £6 per day for insurance although they seem to have scrapped that now and stopped charging again.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • UrbanSplash
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Silicon Silver

Was it for the ‘insurance’? Some kind of excess protection?
  • Stenny
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Scotia Grey

They were going to charge me £11 a day. the car was booked in for 2 week for a water leak. Phoned LR and the said this was normal. The dealer final gave a loaner free as it was warranty work. They damaged the roof trim and the car was booked in again for 3 days, loan car free of charge.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

Never been charged at LR but have with other dealers

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

No, never been charged. Just show up with the drivers licence and NI number for the checks.
  • Dangerdave
    United Kingdom 

Don’t bother with a curtesy car. Just get SWMBO to collect me if it’s going to be all day or longer.

It’s because they’d probably charge me and their cars are absolutely minging. I’d rather sit in the back of a dustbin lorry. Short term, I either hang around the showroom, helping myself to refreshments or I go for a walk for a few hours.
  • EMcC
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

I've never been charged for a courtesy car and when Ottons was the Salisbury LR garage and I had a vehicle in for anything they always seemed to give me a car of higher spec than mine,
    I think it was a sales ploy.
    Even when they didn't have a courtesy car available they arranged for one to be hired from a local hire car firm.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Never been charged for a loan car for the last 20yrs. It’s down to the dealer. LR have nothing to do with it. Dealers have to buy and provide their own loan cars. Up to the dealer if they charge you.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • EMcC
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

If the LR is still under warranty then LR have to supply a courtesy car as yours is out of action (which it shouldn't be) and usually one of equivalent build.
    That is how I have always been treated, not very often I might add except for the year when the L3 had compressor problems, I had three new ones within the first year Sad
  • SHARKYSHARKS
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

No charge for the courtesy car but I was charged £17.99 so there was no excess on the insurance and seeing as the car has been in there now for a month and don’t know when I’m getting it back it doesn’t seem a bad deal 🙄
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum