Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Labbix

Phase 4 18B

Car was updated last week and now has following: usb’s are recognized by the touch pro system, but greyed out and therefore not selectable if accessed for the main screen, like to play music from the USB, but if you select the rear screens than suddenly you can select the same usb’s and play, but only on the rear screens, the content that’s on these USB’s...
    Tomorrow a new appointment for 4 hours to update once more, now to phase 4 18C, hopefully this one will be bug free...
    I’m happy JLR provides these updates, but have mixed feelings with all these try & error approaches from JLR though.
  • ForlornMTL
    Canada 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Firenze Red

I had mine updated to 18B last week and my USB key was playing music fine until Friday night when i got in and it was greyed out. Tried a few things but nothing made it selectable again.

So i put the USB key into windows and told it to scan for errors and it immediately said there was an error, said ok to fix and now it works fine in the D5.
    Will see if it happens again.

Other than that, no issues up to now with phase 4 18B

2017 HSE Luxury TD6 Dynamic Pack in Firenze Red, Ebony with Pimento Stitch.
  • EMcC
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

I had my vehicle Phase Four update last week but today I have the same problem, no Sat Nav, No USB, no telephone connectivity, no radio and when the radio does come on cannot be switched off.
    Has to go in for another four hour seeing to with no courtesy car available so one four hour stint and now another equals a day out of the use of a £56k vehicle - disgraceful.
  • Labbix

So went in for the latest update today, and it still is 18B!?! So:
    - or JLR must think 18C is worse, although I suppose they made it because they know the 18B is full of bugs
    - or they don’t take their customers serious by not supplying the latest software patches to their official dealers.

Another 80km (to the dealer) for nothing and another day lost, brilliant customer services from JLR
  • Labbix

• Labbix

And is the check update in your car actually working??
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Labbix, Are you asking yourself?

It has never done anything in my car, not quite sure what elements it is supposed to update.

Are we sure 18C is not the Phase 5 update and not a later version of Phase 4?
  • Labbix

Hi Jimbg,

Remember I still have a my18 HSE lux on which Land Rover was so friendly not to put WiFi or hotspot connectivity without my or the dealers knowledge.

So I was wondering why this ‘check update’ function is on the car and if it would work with others who might have gotten what they have paid for, being WiFi and hotspot connectivity Wink
  • Labbix

And if I understood well, phase5 would probably come later this month, but on the new MY19 cars is phase 4 18C installed, so an update exists for my failing 18B version, but JLR doesn’t provide it to all dealers apparently...
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

OK, I have the "full" car and have yet to see it offer an an over the air update.
  • graemesmith1960
    Scotland 

Labbix wrote:
    And if I understood well, phase5 would probably come later this month, but on the new MY19 cars is phase 4 18C installed, so an update exists for my failing 18B version, but JLR doesn’t provide it to all dealers apparently...

My MY19 car is 18B. No over the air updates available.

2019 Sd6 HSE Corris Grey
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

Mine has 18C (but not carplay or android auto).

Last edited by JonM on 3rd Oct 2018 6:18 pm. Edited 1 time in total

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Labbix

Hi all, thx a lot for the info, so it’s safe to conclude 18C is out and not given to all dealers (yet?) and the ‘check update’ is a gimmick with no current use (yet?) Wink
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Spot on I would say!! Thumbs Up Rolling with laughter
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

OTA updates are not a available in car. I doubt LR actually trust it to work Rolling with laughter

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum