Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• pdes
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Santorini Black

Importing maps

Does anyone know whether it's possible to import routes from other apps, say, Google? It would be much easier to prepare a specific route in Google than mess around with the Here app.

D5 HSE SDi6, 2019, Santorini Black, privacy glass, HUD, loads of gizmos!! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ
    Series 1, 1953, 86"
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Nope. Just the Journey Planner app.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

I find the browser site much easier to use compared to the app.

The best you can do is copy and paste lat/longs from Google.
  • graemesmith1960
    Scotland 

I find the inControl Planner desktop site ok. Not as user friendly as Google etc and can't name your own waypoints or anything else that's really useful but it has all the functionality of the standard TomTom/Google/Here web based planners. If you need to add a waypoint its a bit of a hassle as you first have to press and hold the left mouse at the point on the map you want then save it as a favourite then 'Add Waypoint' to your route and use the favourite you've just saved. If you only need one waypoint then just click the map on the point you want and 'Navigate There' then add your actual destination as a Waypoint then re-order the list. Very round about way of doing things but it works ok.

You can also navigate to a Lat and Long if you get the format right. The acceptable formats are in the FAQ's on the full Here maps site. https://help.here.com/en/support/solutions...ordinates-

Would be much better if we could use the Here website to plan but I'm told that JLR just pay for the maps and use their own planner applications.

2019 Sd6 HSE Corris Grey
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum