Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Labbix,

Are you saying that you cannot buy Ad-blu anywhere in Albania?

That sounds rather unbelievable!! Thumbs Up
  • Labbix

Luckily this is not my country Wink I’m Flemish! But we will be here for the next 2, max 3 years. Dealer only has ad blue in bulk and ‘can not’ sell it. I can buy it in Greece I suppose, but of course JLR will say it’s not the same nor same quality and I only go to Greece once a year or so, and that will be with 3 small kids, so not too much time to look around for ad blue, but I might next time.
    Amazon is not really an option, as customs are ridiculous over here. To give you an example: the anti theft plate from Mr. Ray was cheaper to buy and send over here by plane than the tax I had to pay locally...
  • Labbix

I have been told there exist some Turkish ‘side import’
    Other example, friend of mine his xc90 stopped. No idea why, so he thought quality of diesel. Emptied the tank and found 3 liters of water in it... It’s Albania after all, you can ‘find’ everything, but you never know what it is, same for medication,... and apparently the same with the D5 I bought, unfortunately.
  • Labbix

Wink
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

I do not mean JLR, Ad-blu must be available in filling stations, car accessory shops?

Last edited by jimbg on 29th Oct 2018 7:32 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • Arslanoff
    Czech Republic 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

I buy adblue by any Shell petrol station (shell and Bosch are official adblue sellers) every time before service by LR, as they top up without asking and it is 4x time more expensive than adblue from shell. It is standard everywhere with ISO 22241 standard and costs about 10euro per 5 Liter.

Land Rover Discovery 5 HSE Luxury Td6 in Carpathian Grey
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Exactly, would you only go to your dealer to buy oil?
  • Labbix

Albanian petrol stations are not really like in Europe (although a few try to look like) Albania doesn’t even have real highways... I can’t even buy tires for the D5 in this country! And no one who works at a petrol station will speak anything else than Albanian. Anyway, I will ask next time and really wonder what they will tell me. But seeing the incredible black smoke behind the cars, I don’t think they really care about clean air.
    Even worse, everyone burns everything in his own garden or field as here exists no official ‘recycling’ or waste treatment. So no potable water neither. Every week I have to close the windows as even the smell from burning stuff (batteries, microwaves, clothes, food, plastic,medication, you name it) is vomiting inducing... and yes I live in the capital.
  • Labbix

Google maps with the highways Wink

And more specific Albania, the one that seems to be a highway is not. Max 90km/hour, but even 30 or 40 and with pedestrians, cows, donkeys almost everywhere

• IndusD4
    Australia 

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

Labbix wrote:
    Google maps with the highways Wink

And more specific Albania, the one that seems to be a highway is not. Max 90km/hour, but even 30 or 40 and with pedestrians, cows, donkeys almost everywhere

Ironically, the D5 Td6 is the ideal vehicle for that kind of area - poor roads, a long way between fill-ups, diesel is easy to find...

I wonder, does Albania mandate Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel? If not, you are actually generating a lot more soot than the car is designed to handle, and that's going to legitimately increase your rate of post-injection to actively clean the DPF, which will fill up faster than if you are using ULSD.
  • Labbix

Officially it’s 10ppm Wink
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 
  • Labbix

Perfect Jimbg, I definitely gonna bring them a visit, although it’s a neighborhood we normally won’t go.

The website looks promising Wink

Thanks!
  • Labbix

Jimbg, if you would find the Dutatracs 20 inch over here as well, I buy you some Belgian beers!
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum