Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• bammmy

Apologies, just read all your postπŸ€ͺ
    Mark
  • Ed Snow
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Scotia Grey

Real would like as many SDV6 owners to comment on service interval vs miles driven and over what time.....are early services fixed?
  • bammmy

+1
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

As of this afternoon,

3762 miles driven & 12350 miles to the first service showing on the display. Thumbs Up

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Ed Snow
    United Kingdom 

Hi JonM. Thanks again for clarifying in this thread. I beleive you have had it for just over two months which is quiet a lot of miles (for me). You are averaging 22-23k a year at that rate. I am on 14-15k a year so thinking maybe your jerneys are longer than mine?? What sort of runs are you doing?

Hopeing other SDV6 owners will add to the discussion to help build a picture of the SD performance.

Thanks

Ed
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

I actually average 16k miles per year. My driving is very varied, mostly multiple short to medium length (5 -50 mile) trips in a day with occasional longer runs and a few short ones as well with some slow speed off-road work. Almost every journey gets the engine up to full temperature, includes hill climbs and includes speeds over 50mph but also, inevitably, crawling through some town traffic (and it often doesn't get chance to cool down fully between trips).

However, I suspect that I must get quite a lot of interrupted DPF regen cycles as I switch the engine off multiple times a day after it's been running in a way that is likely to have started a regen cycle (i.e. up to temp and above 35mph).

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Ed Snow
    United Kingdom 

Very useful. Thank you.

Interestingly your useage seems similar to mine (commute of 13 miles 25 ish minutes each way) and other local ish work evening and weekends 5-50miles with .....as you say...... occasional longer runs and a few short ones as well with some slow speed off-road (for me this just up my drive and on the back lawn, nothing taxing) work. Almost every journey gets the engine up to full temperature, includes hill climbs (less so in Norfolk) and includes speeds over 50mph......yet my TDV6 is performing very differently to your SDV6 when it comes to service count down......

Really helpful. Thumbs Up Just need others to comment now ....please
  • MalithS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

Re-posting on this thread:

So far my car is showing the following:

Mileage: 1540 miles
    Oil Service : 14000 miles
    Def: 7269 miles

So far suggesting 15.5k miles for service. Fingers crossed this keeps going at the same rate. Out of my mileage so far about 400-500 have been motorway miles and the rest has mostly been driving about town in slow traffic (school run/office etc) circa 25 miles per day.
  • Ed Snow
    United Kingdom 

Also interesting.
    Service reduced by 2000 miles against actual miles of 1540 is a ratio of 1.298
    Remaining miles of 14000 ratioed to the 1.298 give actual 10785 plus 1540 done equals total of 12325 a year.

1540 actual appears to be across 46 days so that’s 33.47 average a day.

33.47x365 days in a year gives 12219

My point being give or take a 100miles indications are a) you will achieve first service at 12 months when expected b) Whilst the service interval has reduced at a rate of 1.298 of your real mileage it still works out that you could have a 12 month service interval perhaps leading me to believe the reduction rate is being calculated based on miles done vs time left in 12 months and an assumption you will continue to do the same.....

Just some thoughts and observations....who else with a SDV6 can comment?

Thanks
    Ed
  • Labbix

I do not have a SDV6, but my dealer wrote for my car TD6 following (posted in the N222 section as well, but maybe more appropriate here):
    β€œ
    - We performed campaign TDV6 Premature Service Required Message (N222v2). I have been in discussion with JLR as well. Please find below their response: " Distance to next service is variable. The system has 3 factors, and, based on them, calculate the distance to next service. Oil dilution, distance and days to next service are those 3 factors. Each of them are represents as a distance in kilometers. The most confusing thing is days are represents as [km]. System measure mileage on the vehicle within the time range. For example - customer normally drive 1000[km] per month. and based on this calculate distance to next maintenance to be just right in time (according to the general rules). For example maintenance has to be done in 10 months, so in 10 000 [km] (average) and displays this value, but if customer will suddenly change his driving style into 500 [km] per month, system then will calculate this, (and maintenance needed in 10 months), so will show 5000 [km] to next maintenance.
    This informations are basics for this system. I assume that this calculations are not made every ignition cycle. As it is not very important information.
    If exists any message, please look at N222v2 service action (which is done already).
    To recapitulate, I don't think this is the real concern - from technical point of view this system works properly. No actions needed ".
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Ed Snow wrote:
    Real would like as many SDV6 owners to comment on service interval vs miles driven and over what time.....are early services fixed?

Since September 21st...

6 mile commute each day each way each morning, lots of short trips at weekends, and several longer motorway runs for business accounting for about half of those miles, going to Coventry, Stoke, Basildon, Portsmouth etc.

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • bammmy

Hi 747,

That’s looking better for the SDV6 version.
    As already said, for me, the more feedback for this engine the better.
    Thank you for update.

PS What do you think of your ebony roof?

Mark
  • 747_JK
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I love it! One of the things I really didn't like about the D4 was the light coloured roof, having always had Beemers with black headlining. It's definitely not too dark in the D5 and really makes the interior of the car look A++++.

MY23.5 D5 3.0 MHEV Metropolitan Edition – Santorini Black – Ebony Windsor Leather – 21” Style 5025 gloss black wheels – 21” full size spare tyre – Black roof rails – Black side mouldings - Williams Ceramic Coat. [Gone: D5 HSE @ 50,795miles: (now LH68 BYW)]
  • MalithS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

So I've found some more photos of mileage I took and jotted them down:

Date Mileage Dis Service Def
    18-Oct 639 15200 7953
    06-Nov 1369 14350 7332
    14-Nov 1540 14000 7269

Since this got me interested I have now created a spreadsheet to keep an eye on this Rolling with laughter

I'll try to keep logging this weekly/bi weekly and see how it goes.
  • bammmy

747_JK wrote:
    I love it! One of the things I really didn't like about the D4 was the light coloured roof, having always had Beemers with black headlining. It's definitely not too dark in the D5 and really makes the interior of the car look A++++.

Hi 747,

Sat in both I like the black, the gaffer the lighter, will have to retry both again, looking to order Saturday for a 19 plate in MarchπŸ‘
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum