Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

FBH and incontrol App

Downloaded and registered the Apps. Most work including remote start and temp set. I have FBH fitted but cant find how to operate it via App. Literature suggests it can be. Any suggestions.
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

FBH isn't controlled by the app.

It's only controlled by the timed climate settings on the touch screen and by the little black remote fob.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • harrythespider
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery TDV6 HSE Aintree Green

Thanks jonM.. So I guess I set all the parameters via cars touch screen and then activate with fob, Seems a bit daft having to carry 2 fobs when more technical tasks can be carried out via app. Do you know what range the fob has.
  • jungle42
    Luxembourg 
    2017 Discovery Si6 HSE Lux Corris Grey

Re: FBH and incontrol App

harrythespider wrote:
    Downloaded and registered the Apps. Most work including remote start and temp set. I have FBH fitted but cant find how to operate it via App. Literature suggests it can be. Any suggestions.

In the cold season, when you press the "climate" button on the "Remote Climate" tab in the inControl Remote App it does turn on the heater, sometimes it loses connectivity but most of the times it works as promoted.

MY17 HSE Luxury Corris Grey 3.0 si6 with Black Pack 21 inch
  • SHARKYSHARKS
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Carpathian Grey

harrythespider wrote:
    Thanks jonM.. So I guess I set all the parameters via cars touch screen and then activate with fob, Seems a bit daft having to carry 2 fobs when more technical tasks can be carried out via app. Do you know what range the fob has.

Just make sure the fob is paired with the car mine wasn’t when I collected it !

You can set the heat setting on the app on your phone mine is set to high temp and then just turn on the fob mine has a range of well over 100 metres ish
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 

harrythespider wrote:

The settings on the app only control the temperature if you remote start the engine.

The FBH can't have a temperature set. All you can do is start it with the timer or start and stop it with the little black remote fob. If it's a cold day (less than 16C I seem to remember) it warms the car to a comfortable temperature and on a warm day (more than 16C I seem to remember) it will just use the fans without the FBH to ventilate the car.

• JonM
    United Kingdom 

Re: FBH and incontrol App

jungle42 wrote:
    In the cold season, when you press the "climate" button on the "Remote Climate" tab in the inControl Remote App it does turn on the heater, sometimes it loses connectivity but most of the times it works as promoted.

My app doesn't have a "climate" button, just an "engine start" button.

• simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

That's what you get. Set temp target and start engine. It will run for 30 mins to cool or heat the interior.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 

The original question was about the FBH which is a separate option and heats the interior without running the engine.

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum