Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• mse
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Farallon Black

Android car play

Can anyone help how this gets on.

The car (19my) gets its over the air updates so is running the absolute latest software and should have apple and android car play, but still only has in control. Which is ok, but not great
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

The Smartphone Pack is a paid for extra. Not free...

...unless you have a good dealer Wink

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Russell
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 First Edition Namib Orange

My car is in at the moment and I have asked to have this added. The dealer has confirmed that they are having massive issues with this and it is causing more problmes than it is solving as such they have stopped installing it and are waiting for the latest update to come out which they hope will resolve the issues.

Namib Orange 1st Edition with black roof and wheels.
    Privacy, tow bar, drive pack, surround camera, heated front & rear seats, auto dim door mirrors, side steps, remote Pro, RSE, arm rest fridge dash cam front and rear.
  • Labbix

LR UK wrote me it would be on the cars only from the MY20 onwards and that it was not available for others. When I mentioned different cars already had it, he was surprised and ‘had to look into it’. So maybe, once more, they used ‘us’ as testing ducks, and with apparently too many bugs they withdrew it? Although people on this forum who have it seem pretty happy with it, or maybe that’s the problem Wink
  • DG
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Fuji White

There is no issue with the software itself ...I've had it for a good few weeks and it runs fine Smile My view is that software updates are not necessarily viewed as a warrantable issue ....therefore the time it takes to complete the process in the workshop does not pay the dealership ....so unless you have a good relationship then they may well decline.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Re: Android car play

mse wrote:
    Can anyone help how this gets on.

The car (19my) gets its over the air updates so is running the absolute latest software and should have apple and android car play, but still only has in control. Which is ok, but not great

I do not believe the OTA is actually implemented yet?

You have an option in the car but nothing is being sent at the moment.
  • TazDaz
    England 
    2018 Discovery Si4 HSE Fuji White

I was quoted £250 for the smartphone pack yesterday Shocked

MY18 Fuji White with Black Pack HSE Si4 2litre >>>PETROL<<< 300bhp
  • DieselRanger
    United States 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Silicon Silver

I have a MY17 and I got mine for free....I told my dealer mine was very laggy, occasionally unresponsive to touch input, and occasionally the screen failed to come on.

Seems the policy is install for free for users who are requesting warranty service, make everyone else pay for it.

CLARIFICATION: I got the Smartphone Pack for free, when I requested warranty service to update my infotainment, which the dealer updated to the 18C version.

Last edited by DieselRanger on 14th Dec 2018 2:12 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • Dodlestonian
    United Kingdom 

I get my new D5 on 9th January,
    I'll let you guys know if the phone pack is installed or not.

cheers
    AJ
    Very Happy

2019 D5 Lux. HUD, adaptive dynamics, dynamic pack 2, cooler box, privacy glass, advanced tow assist, black roof rails, massage seats, tech plus pack, detachable towbar, driver assist pack, capability plus pack.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

I think it won't be unless you added it as an option. Its a paid for option and not standard (unless it is on the HSE Lux?).

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • mse
    United Kingdom 

Thanks

So I get ota updates, it does it all the time, mainstream retail ota isn’t available

I have apps, but and it’s definitely 19my onwards for Android and apple car play, i understood with incontrol apps and the latest system on 19my on it was available but it doesn’t seem to frustratingly then.

I can be bothered to take it into the dealer, the new one comes soon

I suppose never mind Big Cry
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

It might be MY19 to add as an option yes but its easily applied to current cars from MY17 onward as long as they are running the Phase 3 ICTP 18C release. My D5 is MY17 and runs this fine.

Next time you get an OTA update can you take a pic? Would be interesting to see what is actually updated and how its shown Thumbs Up

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

My 18MY got updated last week for free, just had a look at Android Auto, glad I didnt pay for it, what a waste of time, looks awful. Wont be using again.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

That's not LR's fault. CarPlay looks far better and uses nearly the whole screen. Android Auto you have to go to developer settings and change the default resolution to get it to try and fill the screen.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • mse
    United Kingdom 

when you say got added for free, did it go to the dealer to have that added in addition to the latest infotainment eg 18c or did it do it all together?

Regarding over the air updates, it pops up and has 3 options, install, reject or remind later - orange box on the screen
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum