Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Well sounds like your dealer is an idiot! Rolling with laughter

Have you actually tried to download a map yet? It is not difficult, just takes a long time to bring down 20+ GB of data.

Loading into the car is a doodle and just takes minutes. I have done it at least a half a dozen times for my car.
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

It all depends on vehicle spec, 17my S & SE used the older in control system with the smaller screen with hard buttons down each side, this system has the maps on an SD card. All Hse and above, plus S & SE from 18my have the wider screen in control touch pro which uses the usb method to regulary update the maps, generally every month.

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Ahhh... so yes you can update but only by buying a new SD card from LR.

When I had my 1st DS the maps were already 3 years old (older than the damn car !). When LR finally released a newer version I (and many others) managed to get a free update.

What version are your maps? If they are very old or were out of date when the car was new I'd be arguing for a 'good will, loyal customer' one time free update. I think the Here (they supply lR the mapping data) version number includes the release date of the map database.

Always worth asking LRCS (not the dealer) if they will. It won't be an instant answer as the rep will need to speak with someone higher up in the team. They then agreed my dealer could download the data and update my SD card. They credited the dealer the costs.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • jimbg
    United Kingdom 

Trevorb1 wrote:
    It all depends on vehicle spec, 17my S & SE used the older in control system with the smaller screen with hard buttons down each side, this system has the maps on an SD card. All Hse and above, plus S & SE from 18my have the wider screen in control touch pro which uses the usb method to regulary update the maps, generally every month.

OK, forgot the SE used a different system, seems a bit mean if you have to pay LR.

But he says he has a Indus Silver HSE Lux, so should be USB. Whistle
  • Trevorb1
    United Kingdom 
    2018 Discovery Td6 SE Corris Grey

Would make it easier to tailor a reply if people could be bothered to put vehicle details in there footer. Whistle

24MY D300 Dynamic SE, Fuji White, Deployable Towbar, full size spare.
    Gone 20MY SDV6 Landmark, Indus Silver, Deployable Towbar, 360 Cameras
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum