Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Hope they sort it for you !

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • eelpout
    United States 

FYI. Someone on rangerovers.net also had 18D put on today and had the same no phone link Bluetooth symptom with an iPhone X. Neutral
  • Dodlestonian
    United Kingdom 

Everything seems to work perfectly on my car.
    I'm using Android auto and all other functions with absolutely no issues.
    Reading through this forum I'm thinking I don't want any software updates from now on Shocked

2019 D5 Lux. HUD, adaptive dynamics, dynamic pack 2, cooler box, privacy glass, advanced tow assist, black roof rails, massage seats, tech plus pack, detachable towbar, driver assist pack, capability plus pack.
  • Hauser
    Germany 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Hi.

I made an appointment for an update (to 18D) today, but my dealer told me that version 5 is out now.
    Sounds like Phase 5 people! Very Happy Thumbs Up

Greets,
    Hauser

Discovery 5 (MY 2021): HSE, D300, Fuji White
    Discovery Sport (MY 2016): HSE, TD4, Firenze Red w. black roof
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Can anyone confirm this on TOPIx ?

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Fuji White

I must check which version they uploaded to my car on Tuesday. The Android Auto works fine I know that...

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • winger
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Aintree Green

simonh wrote:
    Can anyone confirm this on TOPIx ?

Nothing along these lines showing up at the moment
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Thanks John. I couldn't see anything myself but then I don't have a sub so can't read any of the docs Whistle

There is a v5 of the doc though, maybe the dealer was referring to this (released 21st December).

LTB01108v5 - InControl Touch Pro Features May Not Function As Expected - Pathfinder

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • Hauser
    Germany 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Well I couldn't find anyone who got it already. One of the guys of the "LR Discovery 5 Owners Group" on Facebook got his D5 back today with Phase 4.18D done (today). So maybe the release is pending? My appointment is on February 4th, so I can tell you probably on February 5th or 6th if they did install Phase 5 on my vehicle.

Greets,
    Hauser

Discovery 5 (MY 2021): HSE, D300, Fuji White
    Discovery Sport (MY 2016): HSE, TD4, Firenze Red w. black roof
  • MalithS
    United Kingdom 
    2019 Discovery Td6 HSE Santorini Black

18D is out with dealers now and has been for a little while.

Ive heard 19A is due probably sometime Feb
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

LR really need to sort out OTA updates for the D5. Ensure the cars are entertainment and user control system is more reliable and save everyone (inc the dealers) a load of hassle and time.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • PaulP
    Spain 
    2018 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

Today I took my D5 in for the NV222v3 campaign and also asked them to update the ICTP system as it was cutting out, losing bluetooth connection, failing to stream music and sometimes getting slow... (all true!).

When I picked it back up they told me that they had updated it as far as Pathfinder would allow them and that this included several modules including the audio amp etc.

But, when I checked, the ICTP system was identical too before. In fact, it is still showing 2017A as the software version (in Navigation->App Details).

When I picked the car up new in October, I also asked them to update and they told me then they had updated everything.

So I'm wondering if the 18D update is market-specific?

Or have the tried to update the wrong system?

Any pointers would be great.

Thanks,
    Paul
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

mine had 18D installed last week, Android Auto works, fine, blue tooth works fine, Spotify through incontrol apps works fine....fingers crossed.....

2023 D300 Metropolitan, Hakuba Silver, Low Range, Solar screen, Deployable towbar, FBH, sidesteps.
  • eelpout
    United States 

at this point, with my Bluetooth being unusable on every device I've tried (though oddly, if you check in the Bluetooth settings, it does show a connection has been made), I'll likely wait for 19A to come out before going back.

the upgrade was worth it from the original MY '17 software, even with BT borked, as it's definitely faster and smoother overall. I'm still thinking if the dealer had reset everything to factory settings when they had it, Bluetooth would likely work. Coming from the original '17 software like I did for the 18D upgrade, one would think that would have been the suggested way to go.

Edit: One odd thing that works is the myTuner streaming app when using Android Auto. For some reason Bluetooth does work with this guy. Strange. Confused

Last edited by eelpout on 29th Jan 2019 9:18 pm. Edited 1 time in total
  • mordred1973
    United Kingdom 

It would, but its LR and they like to try chargimg for uodates to software which should of course be free

• Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum