Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• sanjivsai
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Firenze Red

Sound Notifications not working with Bluetooth

Hi All,
    Can anyone help me resolve the following issue
    IPhone X (IOS 12) connected to InControl Touch Pro via Bluetooth.
    I do not receive sound notifications for emails, text messages or any social media.
    I have checked the Do Not Disturb settings and these are OK.
    If I disconnect Bluetooth, the sound notifications work fine.
  • IndusD4
    Australia 

On your iPhone, check that "Show Notifications" is on. This is in Settings, Bluetooth then click on the (i) on your Land Rover connection

Ron

2016 D4 TDV6
    IIDTool BT
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

You need to select your phone as tue audio source in the car and turn on the sound system. All phone audio is routed over Bluetooth when it’s connected. Including notification sounds.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • sanjivsai
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Lux Firenze Red

Sound Notifications not working with Bluetooth

Hi Simonh,

Thank you for your prompt reply to my question.
    How do I select my IPhone X as the true audio source in my car and turn on the sound system, in respect of this?

Await your reply.
    Thanks
    Sanjivsai
  • graemesmith1960
    Scotland 

Pretty sure that EU legislation prohibits notifications from mobile devices when connected to a car unless you have onscreen notifications (which the Disco does not have). Some cars can read out SMS etc. I've had quite a few bluetooth setups and have never had any notifications via the car when the phone is connected. My watch on the other hand vibrates every time the phone gets an SMS, email or WhatsApp while the car is connected.

As mentioned you can get round that by using the phone as the Audio source but frankly its pants when you do it that way. On the iPhone Xs it seems to re-index your media at random so when you go to Find there are multiple entries of the same Album, Song and so on. So bad I gave up and put everything on a USB stick. That's still not great but a lot better then Bluetooth Audio.

2019 Sd6 HSE Corris Grey
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Don’t think it’s anything to do with EU regs...

Use Control Centre on your iPhone and select Music (normally this is top right). Tap the little blue ‘radar’ and then select sound output to iPhone not Land Rover. You’ll hear them on the phones speaker and phone calls will continue to be via the car. You need to do this each time the car connects to the phones Bluetooth though.

But as you (I assume) have an Apple Watch, it will always notify you there instead. Unless you’ve changed the Mirror iPhone setting for each app, they’ll always be pushed to the Watch.

Turn off or take off your Watch and they will appear on the iPhone again.

With Apple CarPlay (ACP) you get messaging (iMessage and WhatsApp) notifications on the cars touch screen when ACP is connected even if you have an Apple Watch.

Email will only notify you on the iPhone or Watch depending on your notification settings.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum