Discovery 2017

↓ Advertise on DISCO5.CO.UK ↓

• Hedgehog
    Germany 
    2018 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Lux Aruba

Engine light

Merry Christmas to everybody Very Happy
    I hope that all of you had some lazy days with your beloved ones.
    Here we had some really nice holidays with time with the family and friends except two points:
    1. Most of the time it was raining
    2. My Disco 5 picked up last week already started to make some stupid things Sad
    As I wrote a few days ago she is really nice to drive. On the second day I preheated the Disco with the parking heater which is far better working then the one in my Disco 4. Cool When I started the engine I was greeted by the amber engine warning light. I called the dealer and booked it in for the afternoon the same day.
    There was no feelable difference during driving. The service dept. manager told me that they recalibrated the sensors and valves of the after treadment system and also flashed the newest engine software and should be fine now. And it was fine. Smile At least for the rest of this day.
    Next morning regular start without preheating and without the amber light first which showed up a little later to stay with me for the next time Sad
    Another call at the dealer who could not book me in until the 28st of Dezember.
    Ok, since I had just short distance driving during the holidays and she behaved normal exept that stupid light I had to accept.After a few days and several very short trips the amber engine light was not showing up anymore which I considered for a good sign of self healing since normally the systems checks itself and of an error does not occur during several cycles it will be erased in some cases.
    After two days of light free driving and another morning coldstart I got a red triangle and a reduced engine power message after a few hundred meters of driving and after a second start after an hour followed by the amber engine warning light Shocked Since then I checked the engine bay for traces of a marten or loose plugs and tubing and started it two or three times but it always shows the same message so that I am not really in the mood of driving her. Big Cry
    Any ideas??

Hedgehog
    Disco 4 Nara bronze gone but not forgotten - Disco 5 Luxury Aruba / Light Oyster
  • JonM
    United Kingdom 
    2022 Discovery SDV6 HSE Carpathian Grey

It could be one of many things. It needs plugging in to a fault code reader to see what fault codes are stored.

MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
    MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price!
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Td6 HSE Corris Grey

You will need to take it back in again and as said, and as you know it will plugging in,

It needs diagnosing, This next bit is VERY Important, when it has been rectified you MUST ensure that the Land Rover Garage "Main Dealer" updates the computer system and records the fault, reports it's findings and passes back to JLR for them to update their system.

I have had problems with mine for 9 Months, it's been back 3 times for work..... i've rejected or TRIED rejecting it....... JLR have NO recoed of the vehicle having been in before so as far as they are concerned there's nothing wrong it !

your's would appear to be a recuring fault, probably present when you purchased it if you have only had it days, make sure they don't just fob you off....

2017 MY D5 HSE 3.0 Td6 Corris Grey, Side steps, roof rails,
  • Labbix

I can only follow previous comment, but strongly suggest to take a video from all errors, fault codes and so on as they will start denying and lying to you afterwards, when you have the proof you are in a way better position to state your case, I myself am proof of this JLR customer treatment.
  • Labbix

But as I have written proof, pictures, videos and even audio recordings they are now looking into it again...
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 

Same here, i've documented my journey, taken photographs and recorded phone conversations with JLR customer care who were so rude she put the phone down on me... Now they are involved by default because i am rejecting the vehicle they want to try and find out what's happening.

For some reason, speaking to people and traeting them like idiot's seems to be the companys stand point, and there is no doubt in my mind they have paid a company a great deal of money to come in and help them turn around their customer care service by doing just that, DENY Everything baldrick.......

One other helpful tool i managed to utilise was their own app ! after months of trying to ascertain how i should drive the vehicle and getting nowhere i have sent them at least 50 journeys all totaling 100 miles plus on the Mtwy in an attempt to gather if they think the vehicle should maybe re gen in that period,

As yet... Nothing heard !

• Pcheaven
    United Kingdom 

Just call Landrover assistance.
    Say you think it’s usafe to drive and take a picture

They will come to you and provide a loan car every time. No hassle
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 

Interesting !!!!!! very clever......

I never thought of that Banging Head

Not used since the 24th Nov and they won't confirm either way if it's safe to drive or not ! only suggested that if it's out of service and something happens then the warranty will not cover, i tried to counter that by saying that it's only done 1,700 miles not 16,000+ and they said the service light was still on so it requires attention, we can get you in on the 28th JAN

Big Cry

personally i think it's disgusting...... and will never buy another Land Rover as long as i live......

I will ring LR Assist though..... i will report back and let you know my findings !

• Labbix

Maybe it works in the UK, but LR Assist for Albania is in... Croatia, not next door and pretty sure they will not drive up here to supply me with a 7 seater every second day or so
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 
    2017 Discovery Sd4 (240) HSE Farallon Black

Pcheaven wrote:
    Just call Landrover assistance.
    Say you think it’s usafe to drive and take a picture

They will come to you and provide a loan car every time. No hassle

+1

Use the Assist Call button in the car. That's what its there for. I've found the techs on this very helpful in the past. If the engine light is on, it certainly qualifies a call !

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • Labbix

No such button on my car...
  • Chalkys HSE
    United Kingdom 

FAIL !!!!

Engine light is NOT on...... Only the service NOW !

to qualify it's got to be something health related.....

Out of interest, does anybody get an icon on the dash relating to DPF ? i dont ? apparently thers an icon that flashes up ?

Never seen it on mine and you would have thought i would hve.

Last edited by Chalkys HSE on 27th Dec 2018 1:19 pm. Edited 1 time in total

• simonh
    United Kingdom 

I'd assume the DPF warning only appears if the DPF needs attention ?

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
    Served by the excellent Shukers Land Rover of Ludlow - 10 Land Rover’s and 20 years of amazing customer service.
  • simonh
    United Kingdom 

Labbix wrote:
    No such button on my car...

OH. So you don't have LR assist and the SOS buttons?

You'll have to call the number that is listed in the manual or the LR Assist Card that should be in the manual wallet or top glove box.

Velar HSE D240 - MY19
  • Labbix

I know, but it’s a number in Croatia, not even a neighboring country...
  • Forum Permissions
  • You cannot create new threads in this forum
    You cannot reply to threads in this forum
    You cannot edit your posts in this forum
    You cannot delete your posts in this forum
    You cannot vote in polls in this forum